FURTHER DELAY ON THE BREEZE

Barrycat

The Fincantieri shipyard doing the Breeze refit announced this week that they will extend further the current two week work stoppage. This is in response to an Italian government decree and there was no guidance how long the extension would last. This obviously could impact the planned initial sailings of the ship in June as well as potentially delaying the next refit scheduled for the Legend. If port closures continue this all may be academic.

Worrying about cruising may seem callous and superficial in view of the pain being experienced by far too many of our fellow citizens, but as we are all stuck at home, or should be, keeping up to date on Windstar is ONE of my chosen diversions.

Be nice!

Just received an email from Windstar cancelling our june 9th mexico  cruise on the star breeze . It also said they are cancelling all west coast/alaska summer cruises  and the Star Breeze will be doing the mediterranean in August and September  

More later !

Just received an email from Windstar cancelling our june 9th mexico  cruise on the star breeze . It also said they are cancelling all west coast/alaska summer cruises  and the Star Breeze will be doing the mediterranean in August and September  

More later !

Great that they finally sent something official.

I ended up cancelling on the final payment date (3/10). I paid our final payment early to our TA and still awaiting the refund from WS. Figuring it’s gonna be awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

Alaska continues to be very hard. The ban on cruise ships has recently been extended another  100 days, add in the flight cancellations, the various quarantines, borders being closed, and it’s increasingly clear that the entire season is lost. 

Some of you may remember that we were clobbered by the first Breeze delay, then we found a substitute on Silversea, and then that was just cancelled this week.  I’ve rebooked and canceled everything twice and so far have come out with zero monetary loss, which is a miracle, but we’re just taking FFC credits and sitting back for now. We still have the breeze in Japan in April 2021, but I’m not even planning on that happening. it’s clear that life as we know it won’t return any time soon. 

• 2 weeks later...