Cancelled, requested refund and actually received one?

SpeedySal

I have a pending credit in my bank account today that I assume is from Costa (it's listed as from Propay Credit) for the airfare. It's slightly less than than what we were owed, but maybe there was a conversion/transaction fee in there somewhere, and I don't think anyone else owes me money so it must be Costa. Pleased to finally have it back, although we were lucky our cruise itself was refunded back in March - I know that we were fortunate with this. 

Friends have also had their cruise refunded within the last few days, although still waiting on airfare. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ryalie1 said:

Friends have also had their cruise refunded within the last few days, although still waiting on airfare. 

Lots of complaints across the boards about the slowness of refunds. Understandable when an ave 2-weeker costs £4000+ per couple. We were due to fly next week to join Explorer 2 at Newcastle port from Exeter. When Flybe went bust in January we immediately put in a claim thru our credit card.

Ok a modest claim but it still took Barclays 4 months to refund. When cruise staff get furloughed, billions in cash has to be reversed - the monetary system crashes. We've had good times in the past on Fortuna and (Nov '19) on Fascinosa. We will use Costa again but only if the cruise is available thru a reliable travel agent, as they hold all the monies on your behalf.

I am in shock.  We received our refund to our credit card today from Costa on our cancelled Costa Pacifica cruise from April.  I originally received a FCC.  Then I found out we could request a full cash refund which I did in May by completing the form at the bottom of the notice about the FCC.  It said we would get notified no sooner than 90 days.  Well, that was too long to wait, as far as I was concerned, so at the end of June, I also filed a complaint/dispute with our credit card company and sent all the details.  The credit was applied today.  I have one more disputed charge for airfare that I proved in writing was paid to the booking agency but never credited to us.  However, the bank is asking for more of the same information.  I don´t get it.  I want the money back, so I will do what is asked, but I am losing patience.