Keep EZ Air if Cruise Canceled?

AJs Grandpa

Has anyone been able to keep their paid for EZ Air when a cruise is canceled?

Here is the scenario behind the question---

--We have a third party land tour in Italy followed by a Princess cruise in and out of Rome booked for the fall.  We now have flexible EZ air booked to arrive in Italy in time for our land tour and departing at the end of the cruise. 

--Obviously, we would not take the land tour or cruise if current travel restrictions hold. 

--On the other hand, we fully intend to go if travel restrictions are removed, and the cruise takes place.  Clearly, that is our preferred outcome.

--However, I can envision a third scenario where the travel restrictions to Italy are eased and our land tour takes place while Princess decides to cancel the cruise for any number of reasons.  In that case, I would love to keep the EZ air reservation and just extend our time on land.  I would either have already paid for the air upon final payment, or I would pay earlier based on my opinion and interpretation of the situation before final payment.  (I am willing to gamble that the airline would either refund the money or give credits if travel restrictions prevent us from going to Italy on the planned date.  Failing that, I believe my third party travel policy would pay for any lost airfare.)

With that background, I ask "Has anyone been able to keep paid for EZ air flights when either they or Princess canceled the associated cruise?" 

Yes, I actually tried to do this and called Princess multiple times and was told no every time. The flight deal we got was SOO much better than anything I could secure on our own or with a TA. It was already paid for and they still told me no. 

Maybe you will have better luck than we did?

I have the opposite issue. I am due to fly out in 10 days and as of this morning my flights (except one leg) are still showing up on the AA site.  When I called Princess a few weeks ago they told me NOT to cancel the flight; they would.  But it hasn't happened yet and I can't back through to them to find out why. At what point do I just cancel the flight?

The norm is that the cruise line automatically cancels the air when the cruise reservation is cancelled.  We asked HAL if we could keep our air, since it is a nicely discounted Business Class fare but were told "no."   HAL and Princess both use the same company to handle their air arrangements.

Hank