Carnival Magic Southern Carib. Formal Nights??

vince5251

DW and I are booked to sail on the Magic out of Miami on August 1st.  This itinerary is reversed from previous sailings we have done.  As such, we are not certain which nights would be the "formal" nights on the ship and we are hoping for some assistance so that we can plan out restaurant reservations.

The itinerary is as follows: DAY (1) Miami;  (2) @sea;  (3) @sea;  (4) Aruba;  (5)Curacao;  (6) La Romana,DR;  (7) Amber Cove,DR;  (8) @sea.

Any assistance from the well traveled masses is greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/31/2020 at 8:50 AM, teknoge3k said:

With Carnival, your 2 elegant nights are typically your 2nd, and 2nd to last night, regardless if it's a sea day or not. 

Remember, Carnival dropped "formal" years ago.

Typically...but not always so I don’t blame people for asking.  I know Grand Cayman has been an elegant night for me twice and grand Turk once. Always when we only had one sea day at the end.

I’m going to bet this one has the second elegant night on a Port day. They aren’t going to have two in a row and they won’t have it on the last night...From my experience at least.

Edited by Saint Greg

On 3/30/2020 at 5:02 PM, vince5251 said:

DW and I are booked to sail on the Magic out of Miami on August 1st.  This itinerary is reversed from previous sailings we have done.  As such, we are not certain which nights would be the "formal" nights on the ship and we are hoping for some assistance so that we can plan out restaurant reservations.

The itinerary is as follows: DAY (1) Miami;  (2) @sea;  (3) @sea;  (4) Aruba;  (5)Curacao;  (6) La Romana,DR;  (7) Amber Cove,DR;  (8) @sea.

Any assistance from the well traveled masses is greatly appreciated.

Do you have the times on your itinerary? If you have a Port where you’re leaving extra early that may be your second elegant night.

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

Do you have the times on your itinerary? If you have a Port where you’re leaving extra early that may be your second elegant night.

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

First full sea day, and it most likely to be your AMBER COVE  night.