Charter Cruises

Chyna3032

I was booked on a charter cruise that was on a Carnival ship, but has now been postponed?  Are there any others that were booked on charter cruises through Carnival?  If so, how is your cruise being handled, did you receive refunds?

14 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

Charters are a different animal. You need to discuss with the company that chartered the ship. Carnival has nothing to do with it since you booked your cruise through the charter.

Actually, Carnival does have something to do with it. Carnival had to agree with our chartering company to postpone; Carnival would not allow them to cancel.  But ours has already been dealt with...it's been postponed since March 13th.  I was just wondering what others had encountered with their charter. 

• 3 weeks later...

I was booked on a charter cruise for March.  Can I just do a charge back with my credit card company?  The charter has not cancel  the cruise, just postpone.  My concern is the Charter company could just file bankruptcy. The  charter has not told us anything new, other than the cruise has been postponed and not canceled.   What is stopping me from doing a charge back on my credit card?

3 minutes ago, MrSpock said:

I was booked on a charter cruise for March.  Can I just do a charge back with my credit card company?  The charter has not cancel  the cruise, just postpone.  My concern is the Charter company could just file bankruptcy. The  charter has not told us anything new, other than the cruise has been postponed and not canceled.   What is stopping me from doing a charge back on my credit card?

You can try. Worst case scenario is they deny your request 

• Like 1

which type of trip travel insurance policy do you have ..might be the better route to go if you have "cancel for any reason " and if the the company is an independent 3rd party (not thru the promoter or cruise company ) ..always read the small print when you made your deposit