Pros and cons about the Magic

lensonlife

We’ve sailed the Sunshine and the Horizon. Given canceled Radiance, we are now looking at several options. Magic out of NYC 2021 looks like a good option for us- given that my husband and I are trying to vacation sans child, and we do not want to sail during her school vacations- it looks like we are putting this off for another year.  Also, not a deal breaker, but are there refrigerators in the inside cabins? How are the beds? 

• Like 1

I think beds and such are all pretty standard.

What I liked magic did that conquest class and others didnt do was around Thursday early morning they made towel animals all over the main pool. 

Always hard to adjust to, the pool and buffet I think was deck 10, used to always having it deck 9 lido deck.

I'm sure there had to have been refrigerators.. didnt use them much. I liked the bbq up above buffet where seafood used to be. On vista was down around deck 5 OUTSIDE where in the heat potato salad and stuff wasnt as good.

Some liked the italian free for lunch on magic. I dont eat italian, so idk just heard some liked it.

• Like 1

I love the Magic. Sailed on her twice. If you liked the Sunshine you should like the Magic. She does have fridges in all rooms. I know with the Sunshine not all rooms have them. The Sunshine was my first ship I sailed on followed by the Magic. While I havent sailed Horizon I have been on Vista. To me Vista is my least favorite ship. Magic is nice as it has four extra hot tubs on the Lanai. In the evenings they are never crowded. There is the added aft pool that The Sunshine and Horizon is lacking (unless you stay in Havana of course or count the pool in Serenity on Sunshine). 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, lagienomai said:

I love the Magic. Sailed on her twice. If you liked the Sunshine you should like the Magic. She does have fridges in all rooms. I know with the Sunshine not all rooms have them. The Sunshine was my first ship I sailed on followed by the Magic. While I havent sailed Horizon I have been on Vista. To me Vista is my least favorite ship. Magic is nice as it has four extra hot tubs on the Lanai. In the evenings they are never crowded. There is the added aft pool that The Sunshine and Horizon is lacking (unless you stay in Havana of course or count the pool in Serenity on Sunshine). 

The Horizon does have an aft “Tides” pool- this is where I spent the majority of my time when I was on the Horizon. I don’t think I would choose to sail the Sunshine again, and that aft pool is what I was fearing I would miss most on the Radiance- that said, I like the ports of call and the fact that we didn’t have to fly (something we’ve never not had to do). We did enjoy our Sunshine vacation though! Thank you for your feedback. Here is a pic of Horizon’s Tide pool and hot tubs (looking over Havana). 🙂

5F716669-D706-4A0B-9796-ED824650DFD4.jpeg

015ABF92-C2F9-4C60-A719-8C885BB20E57.jpeg

Edited by lensonlife
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, lensonlife said:

The Horizon does have an aft “Tides” pool- this is where I spent the majority of my time when I was on the Horizon. I don’t think I would choose to sail the Sunshine again, and that aft pool is what I was fearing I would miss most on the Radiance- that said, I like the ports of call and the fact that we didn’t have to fly (something we’ve never not had to do). We did enjoy our Sunshine vacation though! Thank you for your feedback. Here is a pic of Horizon’s Tide pool and hot tubs (looking over Havana). 🙂

5F716669-D706-4A0B-9796-ED824650DFD4.jpeg

015ABF92-C2F9-4C60-A719-8C885BB20E57.jpeg

I had forgot about that but yes Vista did have the tide pool. It's been almost 3 years so had forgotten. That said the Magic is a great ship. Sailing the Breeze next which seems to be a favorite for alot of people. 

• Like 1

I had forgot about that but yes Vista did have the tide pool. It's been almost 3 years so had forgotten. That said the Magic is a great ship. Sailing the Breeze next which seems to be a favorite for alot of people. 

The Breeze and the Magic are almost identical, sister ships.

On 4/6/2020 at 7:55 PM, lagienomai said:

4 hours ago, dan4182 said:

The Breeze and the Magic are almost identical, sister ships.

I ended up rescheduling on the Magic (out of NYC) for June into July of 2021- reserved balcony stateroom 10290 on Lido which is the last stateroom before all the Lido hoopla. I found an old CC post that talked about that stateroom- and there were great reviews. So we’re happy. Disappointed that this June 2020 vacation slipped through our fingers, but understand and are going to let things settle for a year.

• Like 1