Noise from Pinnace Grill?

kapitch

Hi fellow cruisers,

We are currently booked in a Lanai cabin on the Rotterdam under the Photo Gallery, which seems like a quiet area.  While checking availability, however, I find lanai cabins closer to mid-ship but located under the Pinnacle Grill and worry about the noise situation.  Has anyone been in a cabin under the Pinnacle Grill and would you please share your experience with noises from above?

Thanks in advance,

Kathy

16 hours ago, RuthC said:

When the ship is being tossed about in extremely heavy seas, you will hear it when the dishes go crashing. Other than that, it's quiet under the Pinnacle. 

I just love Ruth's wry perspective. I always take what she says seriously, and often she is good for a few chuckles as well.

I must say that the OP's question puzzles me: it's not like the Pinnacle Grill is frequented by a bunch of rowdies. Perhaps only on biker night?  (Does Harley-Davidson make scooters?)

PG galley noise is definitely the concern.  On our last cruise we made the mistake of selecting a cabin that was under the "white" area of the floor above, which turned out to be the Lido prep/cleaning area and it very noisy all night long with carts rolling overhead, and didn't want to make the same mistake, so any perspective about this possibility is appreciated.

Kathy

• Like 1