Majesty Cruise 1999

I've found myself extremely bored during the lockdown and started looking at old itineraries for a piece I'm writing about the Empress of the Seas. 

I came across a Hong King website with this Majesty itinerary from 1999 listed: http://www.tiglion.com/cruise/cruise/1999/rc/majes132.htm

It appears the ship would disembark passengers in Playa del Carmen and then sail the short distance across to Cozumel the same morning. I'm assuming this was for a number of excursions on the mainland and then passengers would be brought back to Cozumel to board later in the day. Does anyone remember this happening? If so, any idea when it stopped?

I believe my daughter and I did that. I think we got off in Playa del Carmen to go to the Ruins. Boarded busses for the trip there. We were there in August  and it was blazing hot. We did take a dip in the ocean to cool off. Boarded buses back,  then took a ferry to Cozumel  Great memories. 

• Like 1

Yes, this was standard.  We did it in 1983 on the Song of Norway.  Took long bus ride to ruins, had box lunch from ship at a large park, another long bus ride and ferry to Cozumel.  Ship didn't depart until late at night.  I have my first pictures of the ship all lit up at night from this trip.  Agree--- great memories.   Barb

We did that on my very first cruise in 1974 on a now defunct cruise line..  First excursion I ever took. I got sick on the ferry; only time I ever got sick in 45+ years of cruising on 100+ cruises.  Sadly, my cruising days are over but lots of great memories.