New Automated System

pinotlover

My lovely wife just reminded me that on our last cruise, in August 2019, our Butler told us about about a new automated system O was working on and might be rolling out this Spring. Since we missed Spring sailings, I wondered if any of the latter passengers heard or saw anything of that system?

He stated included system items would be :

1. Additional Specialty reservations

requests;

2. Confirmation, or cancellation, of existing reservations of various types ( dining, tours, spa services, cooking classes,

etc)

3. Requests for en-suite dining;

4. Ordering room service ;

5.  Account review 

6. Others as might be rolled out.

All of these would be done online, aboard ship, without the need of contacting one’s butler or a reservation/service desk. 

Tim doesn’t come around much anymore. Has anyone else heard any of this and its current status? Without Spring sailings, , I wonder how progress on such a system is going??

We disembarked Riviera on March 11 and did observe a new improved organized TV system containing much more information regarding onboard services.  We were able to review our account status very currently plus all the daily menus in the Grand Dining Room.  We had been able to do so on our May 2019 cruise but it was much more attractively presented.  Looks like it has room for more.

Edited by CintiPam

CintiPam;

Those are View files. He was talking about actually ordering room service, ship tours, etc, on line from your room. No more paper forms left at the door. Likewise, additional specialty reservations would be requested from your ship account. Request by noon; replies by 14:00 or so.

Interactive passenger system instead of a account view only system.

Paul;

I took it to be a “ new” appt or some type of account every passenger would log into to manage there various onboard activities. 

There isn’t any new technology involved here, all 1990

or early 2000ish stuff. Wish Tim Moore could give us an update. Perhaps there were no early rollouts before cruising was shut down.

We were in a B1 veranda cabin on Riviera last month.  Perhaps any rollout would start with the higher-priced cabins?  

Last month, we still went to Destination Services, Reception and the Specialty Dining Desk on Deck 5 for booking shore excursions, account issues and additional dining reservations, respectively.

2 hours ago, pinotlover said:

There isn’t any new technology involved here, all 1990

or early 2000ish stuff. Wish Tim Moore could give us an update. Perhaps there were no early rollouts before cruising was shut down.

Who is Tim Moore & what does he do?

Just now, pinotlover said:

Sorry! Probably have the wrong name. What is the name of O’s IT Mgr that once posted here?

Mike Moore   is that who you mean?

Maybe is busy with other things at the moment