Am I reading this right? Refund?

sassafrass

Under the NCL  cancellation policy it says you can wave FCC and ask for a refund if you fill out the form by April 27th and it will take 90 days. Is that my entire cruise fare?  If that is the case I will do it. I do not care if it takes 90 days.  Our travel insurance has already said if THEY cancel it is not covered in the policy.  My husband has a job that is VERY difficult to get leave from and we do not know when/if he will get it for this long of a cruise again (15 days) we were very lucky this time.  

Our cruise is June 27th not going to happen.  So they have to cancel it?  We can't just cancel and ask for the refund.  The refund page says file before April 27th so what if it is not cancelled by then?  The cruise is Europe and our borders are not going to be opened by then!

3 minutes ago, sassafrass said:

Our cruise is June 27th not going to happen.  So they have to cancel it?  We can't just cancel and ask for the refund.  The refund page says file before April 27th so what if it is not cancelled by then?  The cruise is Europe and our borders are not going to be opened by then!

If you cancel it, you will only receive the option of the FCC. You also have the option to wait until 48hrs prior to cruise date. 

If it were me, I'd give it a little more time. 

Okay so if THEY cancel the refund date may be extended past April 27th?  I mean I have no doubt it will be cancelled.  The problem is we did this European cruise because we are living in Europe so that made it cheap our airfare to Amsterdam was $200 total round trip from Italy.  What a mess.  The travel policy does not cover if THEY cancel but will cover if my husband's leave is cancelled which it could be  My TA told me we took FCC which I do not want to do we have to rebook like NOW.  Just trying to figure out what the best way is to get the best refund. We do have cancel for any reason but it is only 75% of the money.  It is just a unique situation I guess. 

14 minutes ago, sassafrass said:

Okay so if THEY cancel the refund date may be extended past April 27th?  I mean I have no doubt it will be cancelled.  The problem is we did this European cruise because we are living in Europe so that made it cheap our airfare to Amsterdam was $200 total round trip from Italy.  What a mess.  The travel policy does not cover if THEY cancel but will cover if my husband's leave is cancelled which it could be  My TA told me we took FCC which I do not want to do we have to rebook like NOW.  Just trying to figure out what the best way is to get the best refund. We do have cancel for any reason but it is only 75% of the money.  It is just a unique situation I guess. 

The April 27th refund date is just for the current wave of cancelled cruises. When yours is cancelled it will have a refund date associated with it. The other option is to take the FCC which at this point is valid through 2022, you just have to book by the end of 2021. 

You are in Europe, but I'm assuming these rules are the same for you.