Question about Suite GTY

Looking to book on Freedom of the Seas for end of this year, hoping things will be much better by then.

This is what is available for suites: J4 - GTY, WS and GT.

The J4 gty is cheaper than the WS, my question, if I go with the WS is it still likely that I will end up in the J4?

38 minutes ago, jalves said:

Can somebody please translate?  What are "J4 - GTY, WS GTY"?

J4-GTY is a junior suite guarantee, WS GTY is a suite guarantee which will very likely end to a JS assignment. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BeagleAgility said:

All I see on my invoice and currently on my Setsail is GTY. However, I know I booked a suite GTY.

That nomenclature may be the TA's and maybe not RCI's. Have you decoded the barcode on the Setsail pass?

Edited by Biker19

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

That nomenclature may be the TA's and maybe not RCI's. Have you decoded the barcode on the Setsail pass?

Not yet - I still need to figure that part out.  The app I was trying to use was not reading it.  I don't see any numbers yet either - so that may be the reason why.

Got the reader to read the barcode - pretty nifty.

Anyways - it has not designated a room yet.  The reason I know this is because the last 4 digits are an interior room - which I know is not right. I called them on it (not letting them know that I read the barcode) and verified that I have a suite guarantee room. She said that rooms have not been assigned yet as it is still too far out (over two months).

On 4/29/2020 at 10:16 AM, Biker19 said:

Thank you for the advice on this.  Read the barcode - and it now states a room. It is a Junior Suite - and I will take that. Maybe we get an upgrade from there - but if not - I am still very happy with the room and location. 😃

Edited by BeagleAgility

11 minutes ago, BeagleAgility said:

Maybe we get an upgrade from there

In my experience and from reporting here, it is very unlikely they'll move you to another cabin once it's been assigned (even if not "official" yet). RCI will be more than happy to take your money via Royal Up for an upgrade.

Edited by Biker19