P&O Ferries vs P&O Cruises

Javert1969

Hi, are P&O ferries part of the same company or group as P&O Cruises?

I ask because I've seen several stories in the financial news recently that P&O Ferries are in financial difficulties, including stories about ferries being refused permission to dock due to unpaid port fees, which is often a sign of a major cash flow crisis and impending insolvency.

4 minutes ago, Javert1969 said:

Hi, are P&O ferries part of the same company or group as P&O Cruises?

I ask because I've seen several stories in the financial news recently that P&O Ferries are in financial difficulties, including stories about ferries being refused permission to dock due to unpaid port fees, which is often a sign of a major cash flow crisis and impending insolvency.

P&O Ferries is a subsidiary of DP World which is a Dubai based logistics company. P&O Cruises is a subsidiary of Carnival Corporation.

3 minutes ago, davecttr said:

P&O Ferries is a subsidiary of DP World which is a Dubai based logistics company. P&O Cruises is a subsidiary of Carnival Corporation.

I don’t suppose that fact will be allowed to get in the way of another potential scare story that will cause more worry to people waiting for refunds and reluctant to book future cruises. 

If social distancing is part of a post coronavirus world will any public transport company earn enough money from passenger fares to survive? Either large public subsidies or public ownership might be required for essential public transport. Remember not everyone has a car. To go on holiday in the UK I need to use buses and trains and stay in hotels that are corona proofed. So it looks like I will be stuck on 48 cruises. Maybe buy an electric bicycle with a good range?