Disney and Celebrity Ships Still in San Diego?

Can anyone confirm that both ships are still in San Diego?   The Marine Traffic website says they're there, but I can no longer find a working webcam for the harbor area.  Anyone know of one?  I really would love to get a view of the harbor!   We used to see the ships during evening local news broadcasts, but now most of the shows are being broadcast from home.   

Yes. They switch out from time to time, as ships that are sitting offshore come in and refuel and resupply, and the docked ships need to make water and dispose of gray water 12 or more miles offshore. There is a couple of threads on the West Coast Departures board discussing this.

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

Disney Magic was there last week as was another cruise ship (can't recall name).  We drove past the bay on our way to Mexico and I could see them anchored off shore by the Navy shipyard.  

Probably HAL's Zuiderdam, or maybe Koningsdam. Both are in the area. Threads on the West Coast Departures board, or the HAL board would suggest it was Zuiderdam.

22 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Probably HAL's Zuiderdam, or maybe Koningsdam. Both are in the area. Threads on the West Coast Departures board, or the HAL board would suggest it was Zuiderdam.

We are living in Rosarito and I check the ship traffic most every day as we have a lot of freighter activity in front of our place.  For the last four months there's been a lot of cruise ship activity between San Diego and Ensenada.  Several Princess and HAL ships have docked at Ensenada for several days at a time.  Several more just sit out there and float around.  I think the one sitting with the Magic was actually an older RCCL.  Sadly they are all to far out and not lit up to see from our balcony.  

Edited by ATSEAMYLIFE

1 hour ago, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

We are living in Rosarito and I check the ship traffic most every day as we have a lot of freighter activity in front of our place.  For the last four months there's been a lot of cruise ship activity between San Diego and Ensenada.  Several Princess and HAL ships have docked at Ensenada for several days at a time.  Several more just sit out there and float around.  I think the one sitting with the Magic was actually an older RCCL.  Sadly they are all to far out and not lit up to see from our balcony.  

This was sitting at the dock a few weeks ago...

I think the OP was asking a different question, given when they asked it, but coming up in October; Disney Wonder is doing Mexican cruises, so are HAL ships Koningsdam and Zuiderdam.

Celebrity Millennium is doing some CA coast cruises and then leaving Oct 27 to reposition to FL.

HAL Nieuw Amsterdam leaves next week on a 17 day cruise to FL to stay for the Winter.

Disney Wonder moves to Galveston on Nov 5 before returning in March 2022.

Celebrity Millennium leaves Oct 27 to FL before returning in April 2022.

2 hours ago, scottca075 said:

I think the OP was asking a different question, given when they asked it, but coming up in October; Disney Wonder is doing Mexican cruises, so are HAL ships Koningsdam and Zuiderdam.

Celebrity Millennium is doing some CA coast cruises and then leaving Oct 27 to reposition to FL.

HAL Nieuw Amsterdam leaves next week on a 17 day cruise to FL to stay for the Winter.

Disney Wonder moves to Galveston on Nov 5 before returning in March 2022.

Celebrity Millennium leaves Oct 27 to FL before returning in April 2022.

I don't think Zuiderdam is doing any cruises for a couple more months...December maybe?

On 9/26/2021 at 6:43 PM, CruiserBruce said:

This was sitting at the dock a few weeks ago...

It was the Navigator of the Seas sitting with the Disney Wonder.  She's still sitting out there off San Diego along with Celebrity Eclipse.  Just hoping they will start cruising soon so we can see them from our balcony.  

• 3 weeks later...

So the Disney Wonder has been sailing north and south bound for the last couple of weeks.  She was in Cabo yesterday and is headed north presently.  We have spotted her several times and should be able to see her in a few hours.  The Celebrity ship hasn't moved for a week or so from sitting just off shore at the US/MX border.  It's great to finally see some cruise ships all glittering at night.    

• Like 1