Travel agent's big mistakes

13 hours ago, swooldri said:

WOW!  Change Travel agents in the future?????????

Just a thought.   JMHO

This couldn't have just happened .  

Why are you trying to get it worked out now?  

Going on the wrong card just doesn't sound right, the card holder had to know this happened. 

I had a cruise scheduled week of Christmas and my husband was in the hospital with Parkinsons, a seizure, and then a heart attack. I had to cancel the day before the cruise was to leave. I had bought no insurance, thus I lost it all. To this day I still have not received my taxes and port charges back...MSC cruises need to go back to Europe. We treat our customers in the U.S. better. Hard lesson learned.  NEVER AGAIN WITH MSC CRUISES!!!!!!!  GUESS ILL STICK WITH CELEBRITY CRUISES. 5/1/2020

21 hours ago, PNS6186 said:

NEVER AGAIN WITH MSC CRUISES!!!!!!!  GUESS ILL STICK WITH CELEBRITY CRUISES. 5/1/2020

Wait. What does this have to do with the travel agent charging the wrong card.  

I understand what OP is saying, but with all of the current refund scenarios, the last thing they probably want to do is work on a mistake made by the TA. Not saying it's right or wrong but I'd be worried it would come out more messed up than it already is.  This is definitely the fault of the TA and as someone else said, I would as them to reimburse me the extra 25%.

25 minutes ago, badvector said:

Wait. What does this have to do with the travel agent charging the wrong card.  

I understand what OP is saying, but with all of the current refund scenarios, the last thing they probably want to do is work on a mistake made by the TA. Not saying it's right or wrong but I'd be worried it would come out more messed up than it already is.  This is definitely the fault of the TA and as someone else said, I would as them to reimburse me the extra 25%.

The OP is a different person and had a different issue - (read first post).  This poster had to cancel and had no insurance.  The takeaway is insurance is a good thing to get when booking.