Frank Del Rio, CEO of NCL Holdings to appear on CNBC today at 6pm Eastern

cksv

9 hours ago, blcruising said:

Had I been conducting the interview, I would have asked questions like, why did NCL withdraw earnings guidance less than two weeks ago? Why have you announced 25% workforce reductions? Salary cuts? 401k match eliminations? Why have you announced a reduction of spending by over $500 million? Talk is cheap, look at the actions. The actions are drastic if bookings are off 15%.

Yes of course Norwegian like any other financially responsible company would make those cuts, they currently have ZERO revenue coming in and not by choice! They are shut down from operating until the CDC lifts their no sail order. Those cuts have nothing to do with future bookings and everything to do with the current circumstances. Personally I believe people will want to get out and travel after being cooped up in their homes for so long, so when FDR says that future bookings are only down slightly that seems believable, and even Royal Caribbean came out today and made the same statement.

"Prior to the outbreak of COVID-19, the Company started the year in a strong booked position and at higher prices on a prior year comparable basis.  Given the impact of COVID-19, booking volumes for the remainder of 2020 are meaningfully lower than the same time last year at prices that are down low-single digits.  Due to the suspension in sailings, booking trends reflect elevated cancellations for 2020 and more typical levels for 2021 and beyond.  Although still early in the booking cycle, the booked position for 2021 is within historical ranges when compared to same time last year with 2021 prices up mid-single digits compared to 2020."

https://seekingalpha.com/pr/17865036-royal-caribbean-group-provides-business-update

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cksv said:

Personally I believe people will want to get out and travel after being cooped up in their homes for so long, so when FDR says that future bookings are only down slightly that seems believable

NCL told wall street investors a different story when it removed earnings guidance. Time will tell.

6 minutes ago, blcruising said:

NCL told wall street investors a different story when it removed earnings guidance. Time will tell.

That's not specific to NCL, as nearly every company out there has suspended guidance for 2020, but yes, time will tell!

We have a cancelled cruise from March on the GEM which we are awaiting a refund, however we have a cruise also booked on the Dawn in September, after many weeks of the Dining options saying 'Too early to book come back 9th March' I have tried today to now book but have a difference message 'Not Available to book. Please check back later or once on board.' 

I have never come across this before and wonder if NCL think this cruise will not sail, so will not let guests book and dining options. Very strange!