Table for eight?

Flatbush Flyer

8 minutes ago, CintiPam said:

Good to know. I did not want FF’s table of eight to look just like another boardroom luncheon in corporate America.

Perhaps you forgot that Oceania is "country club casual."😎

In any case: You mentioned some names in your post #12 but never set your table. 

23 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Perhaps you forgot that Oceania is "country club casual."😎

In any case: You mentioned some names in your post #12 but never set your table. 

How is this excuse?  I am fine with eight people on my 4:30 trivia team, which then segues into happy hour and much fun conversation, and often the same group for 8:30 trivia (depending on whether any are dining in a specialty restaurant that night,) but I avoid dinner with seven others. Our trivia team on my last two cruises became wonderful cruise friends but I find that four for dinner best suits for meaningful conversation. 

41 minutes ago, CintiPam said:

I find that four for dinner best suits for meaningful conversation. 

I agree - eight is too many to have everyone involved in conversation. You wind up only talking to people seated next to you.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Paulchili said:

I agree - eight is too many to have everyone involved in conversation. You wind up only talking to people seated next to you.

The point of the post was using the probable disappearance of the 8 seat tables to ponder (with this last opportunity) with whom it would be interesting to meet/dine/converse.

Consider it a metaphorical exercise.

Mura, Clo, Paulchili( I lived in San Francisco) Zesty Italian because I love everything Italian, pinotlover(Ireally like a good Pinot) Flatbush Flyer because it was your idea, Petoonya because she is from Oregon

19 minutes ago, Zesty Italian said:

Thank you! You are welcome at my table. Meant to say that after your post about joining. Flatbush is almost Italian,too.

Please!

No true Sicilian would ever claim themselves as Italian. Not unlike Ireland or Korea, all sorts of wannabe conquerors have tried to claim the gems of their region  But it will never happen in the hearts of i Siciliani.

Of course, now I am craving Aragosta Fra Diavolo from Toscana (which BTW can be arranged at the Tuscan Grill on Sirena if you happen to be Sicilian). 

IMG_4871.PNG

• Thanks 1

Well, at least you know your place.  Ironically, on our first(and now only) O cruise, we spent my bday in Sicily.  Cruise went to Naples, but not northern Italy.  Hope you get to enjoy your Northern Italian dish!  I need to get there.😪

48 minutes ago, Zesty Italian said:

Well, at least you know your place.  Ironically, on our first(and now only) O cruise, we spent my bday in Sicily.  Cruise went to Naples, but not northern Italy.  Hope you get to enjoy your Northern Italian dish!  I need to get there.😪

Mura, Clo, Paulchili( I lived in San Francisco) Zesty Italian because I love everything Italian, pinotlover(Ireally like a good Pinot) 

Jeanine, I am a transplant.  I was born in Negaunee, (Upper Michigan).  As Flatbush makes a distinction, we true Yoopers don't like to be associated with downstate!  Superior is a pretty spot.  My husband's cousin lives there.  I have always wanted to get to Oregon.  Seems like my kind of place.

6 hours ago, Paulchili said:

..and I believe they still have service at the gas stations filling your gas tank (IIRC) 🙂

The law was enacted in 1951 first as a safety measure, even though in that sense the law is outdated. But it stays as not to create inequality for seniors and disabled who'd have to pay extra to have gas pumped if the law were removed. It's commonly thought that this came about to protect jobs, but that was an afterthought.

We're just nice people.

32 minutes ago, Rumpymuffin said:

If the OP's intent was to identify an in group, he has succeeded. Shades of high school....

But we're no longer in high school, and that need then to look for others to feel validated or part of an in group, is no longer a part of who we are.

I find this thread interesting from the fact that it highlights some of the CC members that have been so valuable in sharing their cruising wisdom over the years , those that make you laugh out loud and those that you know you hope to meet some day.

I don't believe a popularity contest was FF intention.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Petoonya said:

Jeanine will agree with me. Oregon is a beautiful place, with good people and polite drivers.

I have wanted to see the area as I love water, trees and cooler temps.  What I've read sounds wonderful.  I have been trying to get a friend to try cruising, but she went to Oregon instead,  Her family thought it was great!  I suggested cruising that area☺️  Friendly people are a delightful bonus.

3 hours ago, Rumpymuffin said:

If the OP's intent was to identify an in group, he has succeeded. Shades of high school....

Very sorry you feel that way.  I sure am not in the "popular" category.  Never was in high school and not here.  I think this board is for Everyone , and along with a few others, have said that.  You are more than welcome at my table.  I know I didn't pick a lot of people as I don't know them.  If I haven't seen your name post much or recently, I wouldn't think of you.  You could pick a table of folks you'd like to meet and maybe bring in more people.  I didn't originally pick, several that I now would like to (CintiPam, Jeanine, Petooyna) as they have written to me so I now know a bit about them.  I don't think Flatbush intended to exclude people and he and I have had our share of differences.  So who would you pick?