Lift and shift or wait?

ozziebound

Thanks for the info ! - 

I did look at the 9 night - which doesn't go to either Antigua or Barbados (2 places we were looking to return to)

I do like the idea of the 12 night - If they would be willing to give us that "extra" night at the same price

Still think we are going to "wait and see" -

However - maybe I'll call them on July 31 (one day before August 1st deadline) and see what they say 😀

42 minutes ago, GreenValleyDogWalker said:

Thanks for the info ! - 

I did look at the 9 night - which doesn't go to either Antigua or Barbados (2 places we were looking to return to)

I do like the idea of the 12 night - If they would be willing to give us that "extra" night at the same price

Still think we are going to "wait and see" -

However - maybe I'll call them on July 31 (one day before August 1st deadline) and see what they say 😀

Just realized that the reason we really didn't want to Lift and Shift our September 2020 Caribbean to a September 2021 Caribbean,

We already have a Celebrity Alaska Cruise booked for August 2021 ! 😀

On 5/30/2020 at 6:16 PM, wrk2cruise said:

Your non-refundable air will be at the discretion of the airline anyway.  Celebrity is not refunding non refundable air if they cancel.  I'd start researching what options you have regarding the air.  Since you have a TA why don't you start having them research and present you with your options?

Update on non-refundable air. Celebrity Air would only allow rebooking 1 year from date of purchase which was essentially worthless if I lift and shift to Aug2021.  I called the airline carriers and was pleasantly surprised.  One offered 24months from date of purchase and the other offers 24 months from date of travel!  
It would have been much easier if Celebrity Air passed this Info along in the first place.

I have an 11 night Caribbean cruise on Equinox in Sept. There are no comparable cruises next year--only 12 nights on Equinox. First time I called for lift and shift they would not switch me to any 11 night Reflection cruises for any date. I called again today and they only offered me a 9 night on Reflection next August which I declined.

On 6/1/2020 at 12:06 AM, GreenValleyDogWalker said:

Just realized that the reason we really didn't want to Lift and Shift our September 2020 Caribbean to a September 2021 Caribbean,

We already have a Celebrity Alaska Cruise booked for August 2021 ! 😀

I have just lifted and shifted two bookings. I had an Alaska cruise that has just been cancelled for this July and I have moved it to July 2021....had to change from the Millennium to the Eclipse ie Vancouver to Vancouver as no inside cabins left on Millie for the whole of July/Aug 2021.  Also moved our April 2021 to the following April 2022 Cycle Japan cruise,  as not enough holiday leave to do two long-haul trips in one year. Very happy with the result, kept the price, perks and although we had originally an inside guarantee, they allocated us two very nice cabins straight away.  Called less than two hours ago and just received both of the new invoices and price updated in the account already. Excellent service, cant thank them enough!

On 6/1/2020 at 3:42 PM, OceanCruise said:

I have an 11 night Caribbean cruise on Equinox in Sept. There are no comparable cruises next year--only 12 nights on Equinox. First time I called for lift and shift they would not switch me to any 11 night Reflection cruises for any date. I called again today and they only offered me a 9 night on Reflection next August which I declined.

Thanks for the info - we are on the same 11 night on the Equinox in Sept.

We are going to just wait and see what happens (since they can't offer anything comparable) 

We have decided not to wait and have pulled the trigger on our lift and shift.

On Infinity in March 2021, now pushed out to Infinity in March 2022. Same duration, but with one port of call different. All handled through my TA with no drama.

we did take the opportunity to change our cabin.

I am pretty pleased that Celebrity introduces this option. Primary reasons for move were uncertainty around the cruise experience and also, what my personal finances might look like given the current global recession. I guess I could have left decision until closer to August 1st, but tbh I don’t anticipate there will be much more clarity around either of those concerns in the near future. 

If by early in 2021 the situation has improved, there is a good chance we will make a new booking for around the original dates.