FCC change back to cash refund?

I was rethinking my decision to get a FCC instead of cash refund on our canceled March cruise.  Can I change that now or is it too late?  

Thanks,

XRAY

3 hours ago, xray said:

I was rethinking my decision to get a FCC instead of cash refund on our canceled March cruise.  Can I change that now or is it too late?  

Thanks,

XRAY

You can convert that FCC To a cash refund anytime up until Dec 31, 2021 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You can convert that FCC To a cash refund anytime up until Dec 31, 2021 

Does it matter whether the cancellation was by the cruise line due to the suspension, or by the passenger using the CWC program? If it doesn't matter, I have four cancelled cruises with FCCs that I'd love to convert to refunds.

1 minute ago, orville99 said:

Does it matter whether the cancellation was by the cruise line due to the suspension, or by the passenger using the CWC program? If it doesn't matter, I have four cancelled cruises with FCCs that I'd love to convert to refunds.

The FCC must have been issued due to a cruise line cancellation. 

It says even if you already got the fcc, you can change your mind and click to request the refund. They just void the fcc. I had a fcc not yet issued I changed my mind about and requested the refund, but the FCC wasnt issued. I thought it generous you could change your mind and later ask for refund.

6 hours ago, Garyjames220 said:

Can people who cancelled there cruise there self get a FCC refunded

Only if your cruise ends up being cancelled.  I canceled my June Carnival Horizon sailing back in March. My family all bailed out early.  My cruise wasn't canceled at that point.  I was offered the $250 cancellation fee as a FCC.  Was waiting for my refund when the new extended cruise cancellations happened.  My cruise ended up being canceled by Carnival in early May.  I received an email letter (after cancellation announcement) allowing me a full refund OR FCC 100% full credit and $600 OBC. This offer bumped anything that was previously offered. So better than the $250 FCC.  If you canceled and your sailing is still happening then No. But if your sailing ends up being canceled  by Carnival and you haven't received any refund yet, then maybe you will receive a Refund or FCC offer. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Purplevalentine said:

Only if your cruise ends up being cancelled.  I canceled my June Carnival Horizon sailing back in March. My family all bailed out early.  My cruise wasn't canceled at that point.  I was offered the $250 cancellation fee as a FCC.  Was waiting for my refund when the new extended cruise cancellations happened.  My cruise ended up being canceled by Carnival in early May.  I received an email letter (after cancellation announcement) allowing me a full refund OR FCC 100% full credit and $600 OBC. This offer bumped anything that was previously offered. So better than the $250 FCC.  If you canceled and your sailing is still happening then No. But if your sailing ends up being canceled  by Carnival and you haven't received any refund yet, then maybe you will receive a Refund or FCC offer. 

This is the Royal Caribbean forum

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/18/2020 at 4:02 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

This is the Royal Caribbean forum

I'm unfortunately in this boat.  I cancelled my June cruise prior to it being cancelled by Royal Caribbean.  I was given RCC for $300 (deposit was $500).  Obviously, I'd prefer a refund of the full amount.  

Can you confirm that I will not be able to switch this to a full refund?

1 hour ago, gmasuggs said:

I'm unfortunately in this boat.  I cancelled my June cruise prior to it being cancelled by Royal Caribbean.  I was given RCC for $300 (deposit was $500).  Obviously, I'd prefer a refund of the full amount.  

Can you confirm that I will not be able to switch this to a full refund?

Correct.  If you cancelled regardless of what the cruiseline line did later you cannot get a refund.

You should have received a FCC for the full $500 as they are waiving the $100pp fees

RC cancelled us on 3-24 for 4-26. I opted for FCC because that is what my girlfriends wanted. I later asked for a refund as I thought it would be better to have the money while we decide. I have not received any FCC yet and "C" Travel agent called 3 times to see if I could now get cash not FCC. All 3 times they were told, that I picked FCC so that is all I get. Too late to switch. Our new deposit is due next week and we have no FCC or refund....

44 minutes ago, Krazyfuntimes said:

RC cancelled us on 3-24 for 4-26. I opted for FCC because that is what my girlfriends wanted. I later asked for a refund as I thought it would be better to have the money while we decide. I have not received any FCC yet and "C" Travel agent called 3 times to see if I could now get cash not FCC. All 3 times they were told, that I picked FCC so that is all I get. Too late to switch. Our new deposit is due next week and we have no FCC or refund....

FCC’s are issued by default.  According to the FAQ’s you can Request a refund. your TA needs to call back and pursue this. 

• Refund: If a full refund is preferred, we’re happy to process this request for your client. Should your client wish to decline the higher value 125% Future Cruise Credit and receive a lower value 100% refund of their cruise fare, please access the “Cancellation Form” on CruisingPower.com under “Brand Programs & News”. No need to decide now – refund requests are available through December 31, 2020.

15 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

FCC’s are issued by default.  According to the FAQ’s you can Request a refund. your TA needs to call back and pursue this. 

• Refund: If a full refund is preferred, we’re happy to process this request for your client. Should your client wish to decline the higher value 125% Future Cruise Credit and receive a lower value 100% refund of their cruise fare, please access the “Cancellation Form” on CruisingPower.com under “Brand Programs & News”. No need to decide now – refund requests are available through December 31, 2020.

No, we picked FCC after they cancelled us. So they are saying, we chose FCC (which we did originally), but now would like cash refund and they say no.

21 minutes ago, Krazyfuntimes said:

No, we picked FCC after they cancelled us. So they are saying, we chose FCC (which we did originally), but now would like cash refund and they say no.

Your travel agent is wrong. Doing the easy thing. Just because your TA told you no doesnt mean rcl policy is new. Ourusualbeach is correct, not your TA

1 hour ago, Krazyfuntimes said:

This says otherwise

23. After my client receives the 125% Future Cruise Credit, can they change their mind and opt for a 100% refund instead?

Yes, refunds can be requested as follows: • Suspended sailings departing on-or-before May 11, 2020: Refunds must be requested on-orbefore December 31, 2021 and will be processed approximately 30 days after the request is submitted. *High volume has impacted our refund timeline, which has now pushed the estimate from 30-days to 45-days after the refund request is submitted. • Suspended Sailings departing between May 12 – July 31, 2020: Refunds must be requested onor- before December 31, 2020 and will be processed approximately 45 days after the request is submitted. Upon processing the refund and reimbursing the original form of payment, the Future Cruise Credit will be deactivated. Additionally, if your client previously opted-in for the 125% Onboard Credit, it, too, will be deactivated when the refund is requested.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

58 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

This says otherwise

23. After my client receives the 125% Future Cruise Credit, can they change their mind and opt for a 100% refund instead?

Yes, refunds can be requested as follows: • Suspended sailings departing on-or-before May 11, 2020: Refunds must be requested on-orbefore December 31, 2021 and will be processed approximately 30 days after the request is submitted. *High volume has impacted our refund timeline, which has now pushed the estimate from 30-days to 45-days after the refund request is submitted. • Suspended Sailings departing between May 12 – July 31, 2020: Refunds must be requested onor- before December 31, 2020 and will be processed approximately 45 days after the request is submitted. Upon processing the refund and reimbursing the original form of payment, the Future Cruise Credit will be deactivated. Additionally, if your client previously opted-in for the 125% Onboard Credit, it, too, will be deactivated when the refund is requested.

Thank you,

I will call again. The 3 other times I have spoke with someone they say the rep said no. Good news to see it in print! Happy cruising...well one day, LOL