Sailing again?

bmmmmlr

Welcome to cruise critic.

This is the million $ question, which is entirely open to speculation. With significant disparities world wide in how Govt have reacted, some countries are well ahead of the curve.

My best guess, is that we will see limited resumptions in select areas. Which areas will start first and when, is at best a guess. 

Since you didn't mention where you are cruising in Sept, it is impossible to speculate.

Good luck and hope your cruise sails.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bmmmmlr said:

We have a Viking Ocean Cruise in early Sept. Has anyone heard news of when they plan to restart? I know it would be tentative, but we are curious.

As of this moment, May 22, 2020, Viking website shows cruises from July 1 forward.

Whether there will be another push back, there is no way of knowing until it is announced.

44 minutes ago, Sapphire_07 said:

I’m booked for Empires of the Mediterranean scheduled for July 8h.  Just checked my Viking portal and saw this message:

Your booking is currently locked for updates. Please try again later.

This may be due to the transition to the newer format for My VIking Journey.  I do not remember any discussion of lock for update in the days leading to the previous suspension of operations announcements. If you have multiple bookings, are all bookings locked or only those occurring in July?

Edited by dwlmg

Very strange reports. I have had no trouble logging into MVJ today -- not earlier in the day when CHuntMD reported it on another thread  and not now.  All of my bookings are there and I can navigate to them.

Since we aren't all reporting the same thing, it is good news: it is definitely not a system-wide problem.  So, before going into a complete meltdown, try another browser or device (your mobile?) or try first restarting browser, then rebooting computer and if all else fails, clearing your cache. If you are talented (count me out), you may know how to clear just the MVJ stuff that is in the cache without having to delete the entire cache.

If you try this, please report back and let us know what happened.

Edited by Peregrina651

Thanks Peregrina for the suggestions.  I tried accessing MVJ on my desktop this time.  Same message appeared.  I went back to my mobile device and deleted the cache for MVJ.  Retried and still no luck.   🤷‍♀️

2 hours ago, Sapphire_07 said:

Thanks Peregrina for the suggestions.  I tried accessing MVJ on my desktop this time.  Same message appeared.  I went back to my mobile device and deleted the cache for MVJ.  Retried and still no luck.   🤷‍♀️

Darn! I was so hoping that it would be that simple -- and I had no way of testing before suggesting because I'm not having issues.

• Like 1

The last few days, I was able to get into My Viking Journey with no issue.  There was only 1 of our 3 itineraries on it, so I tried updating with the cruises we have scheduled 11/20 and 10/21 (the 3/21 cruise was already there).  

My Viking Journey updated ok for the 11/20 cruise, but got the above message when I tried to add the 10/21 cruise.

• Thanks 1

@Sapphire_07, @dwlmg and @CHuntMD

Howsit goin'? Was it any better today? Did anyone manage to log in at all?

I stopped in MVJ on my way here and checked the Notices. There is an announcement from May 18 saying that over the next few weeks that they would be updating the system. Could be that they ran into some trouble over the weekend --who every heard of an upgrade going off without a hitch -- and that you are among the lucky ones whose accounts have been effected. 😲 

At least the Viking main website is separate from MVJ.

Hang in there and keep us posted!

10 hours ago, Peregrina651 said:

@Sapphire_07, @dwlmg and @CHuntMD

Howsit goin'? Was it any better today? Did anyone manage to log in at all?

I stopped in MVJ on my way here and checked the Notices. There is an announcement from May 18 saying that over the next few weeks that they would be updating the system. Could be that they ran into some trouble over the weekend --who every heard of an upgrade going off without a hitch -- and that you are among the lucky ones whose accounts have been effected. 😲 

At least the Viking main website is separate from MVJ.

Hang in there and keep us posted!

Hi Peregrina!  I’m still unable to get into my MVJ account.  Thanks for the info on the May 18 update announcement.  Perhaps that’s all it is and they ran into a glitch.  I’ll keep you posted.  

4 hours ago, Sapphire_07 said:

Hi Peregrina!  I’m still unable to get into my MVJ account.  Thanks for the info on the May 18 update announcement.  Perhaps that’s all it is and they ran into a glitch.  I’ll keep you posted.  

In our household, there is a rule about never doing plumbing on Sundays (because it is bound to go wrong and then you will have to pay a plumber double rates to come out on a Sunday). That was way back in the 70s when we were living in a house with just one shut-off valve for the entire house; if you broke a pipe, you would be completely without water until the plumber showed up.  (Thank goodness for kind neighbors who have the tools and know how to make these repairs!)

I am beginning to think that a similar rule should be applied to such updates: Never do upgrades on Friday, Saturday or Sunday...

• Haha 1

Hi! Someone asked where we are sailing. We are going Amsterdam to Bergen, Viking Shores and Fjords. It is supposed to depart September 8. We were planning on leaving September 3. 

I checked to see if I could get into mvj and I haven't had any problems. However, the excursions were supposed to be up May 21 and there are a few, but very few. Here's hoping!