Price increases

desherry

I never gamble on ships so can't help you there.  But, it is a special cruise because it has an unusual itinerary..... overnights in Rio De Janerio and NCL normally doesn't go to Rio.

16 hours ago, Corliss said:

Yes, I am hoping to stay on for the round the horn trip.  But, being a gambler on cruises I will do what I always do.....wait and book on board once the cancellations start right before sail date.  Good thing about this one is that since it is costly and difficult for Americans to book at the end we on boarders have the advantage...:-)

See you on board!

I've done that the last several years.  🙂    But,  last year,   Nothing was available on a third trip  from Buenos Aries,   was looking right up to the day prior.    The cruise prior to that one,  the rate only dropped 2 days before.  🙂    I did go home for 1 1/2 weeks,   then returned to Santiago when the next cruise  dropped 4 days prior-   end of season,   back to Miami.    This year-   I got off the Jewel  as you were getting on.   🙂     The Star had dropped a couple days prior-   so I was extremely glad to pick it up.  

But, all this season,   rate drops weren't as significant and all were very late,   less than a week prior.     

I have a TA cruise booked for Apr 2021 on the JADE. My sister is my travel agent, and she is constantly monitoring the price of my cruise to see if she can get me a better deal. On Friday with the release of the increased OBC offer, the price of my cabin (class BA balcony on deck 10) is over $1,300 higher than the price we have booked. Is this how they enforce the proposed reduce capacity of the ships to account for social distancing?

I got a price match a few weeks ago. We lost one night of specialty dining, but, saved $480. Today I called on another price reduction and saved $200 while getting $200 OBC. It pays to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I called NCL yesterday about my January 2021 and January 2022 cruises. The total cost of my 2021 cruise went down $93 plus I got $200 OBC (I lost one specialty dining, but we were going to try the American Diner...and the OBC will more than cover that, especially if we just get a couple appetizers). The total cost of my 2022 cruise was exactly the same, but now I have $200 OBC. 

• Like 1