Regatta just cruised by our home in SF

kej1

Oceania Regatta just cruised by our home on Russian Hill in San Francisco.  It appears from the marine website to be heading for Oakland.

i don’t know where it’s been but the last cruise ship we saw go by was Princess on its way in and out of Oakland some time ago.  It ended up

overnighting here on its way out after they dropped the passengers.  I’m curious if anyone knows what Regatta is doing here?

It is a gorgeous day so the ship looks lovely motoring along on the blue bay with bright blue skies, but I assume no passengers are on it.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, kej1 said:

Oceania Regatta just cruised by our home on Russian Hill in San Francisco.  It appears from the marine website to be heading for Oakland.

i don’t know where it’s been but the last cruise ship we saw go by was Princess on its way in and out of Oakland some time ago.  It ended up

overnighting here on its way out after they dropped the passengers.  I’m curious if anyone knows what Regatta is doing here?

It is a gorgeous day so the ship looks lovely motoring along on the blue bay with bright blue skies, but I assume no passengers are on it.

Regatta has been at the Port of Oakland for more than a week -parked just outside the Oakland estuary and just north of the Bay Bridge can't remember what that spot is called and too lazy to look at my NOAA chart.

In any case, I see her right now (from home in Brickyard Cove) at 5:20PM heading toward her recent parking spot (though she's pulling in behind the NCL ship where previously she was in front of it).

So, my best guess is that she just did a short training run or sea trial of a repaired/installed item/system(s).

• Like 2

With all these ship movements, don’t forget the ship have to either pay to have their sewage tanks emptied, OR get far enough offshore to make a legal discharge. Without passengers, the amount of extra fuel burned to maintain services and making a short run is minimal.

• Like 1

On 5/27/2020 at 3:46 AM, pinotlover said:

With all these ship movements, don’t forget the ship have to either pay to have their sewage tanks emptied, OR get far enough offshore to make a legal discharge. Without passengers, the amount of extra fuel burned to maintain services and making a short run is minimal.

I thought it was the crew movements that generated the sewerage :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1