Does your job permit cruises or travel?

Sweetnspicy

1. how does anyones work know where they vacation. do you all need to tell where you are going? this concept is foreign to me as no one at work knows what i do after i go home.

2. in an office or other setting, how do you prove that you got the disease from someone?

3. assume you do prove somehow that a particular person cause your issue , how do you know it was from a cruise but not at the supermarket they stopped at on the way home? or the rally or sporting event they just came from?  or the beach. i cannot understand the difference now that almost every state is open to a degree.  

4. im not an atty but can work really stop what you do at home? if its in your contract yes but do peoples contracts have in them that your boss can fire you because where you vacation? wouldnt the attys eat that company alive? 

5 we are working from home now , first time ever, its not the norm, and i flew out of state but continued to work and no one ever knew. why would they even care, i did my work. but from what you are saying here i have a dream job compared to the micromanaging your companies do.

5 hours ago, luckyinpa said:

1. how does anyones work know where they vacation. do you all need to tell where you are going? this concept is foreign to me as no one at work knows what i do after i go home.

2. in an office or other setting, how do you prove that you got the disease from someone?

3. assume you do prove somehow that a particular person cause your issue , how do you know it was from a cruise but not at the supermarket they stopped at on the way home? or the rally or sporting event they just came from?  or the beach. i cannot understand the difference now that almost every state is open to a degree.  

4. im not an atty but can work really stop what you do at home? if its in your contract yes but do peoples contracts have in them that your boss can fire you because where you vacation? wouldnt the attys eat that company alive? 

5 we are working from home now , first time ever, its not the norm, and i flew out of state but continued to work and no one ever knew. why would they even care, i did my work. but from what you are saying here i have a dream job compared to the micromanaging your companies do.

1: my husband works for the DOD and travel always has to be approved with a full itinerary. 

2. I guess you just have to have a positive test? If you come back from vacation and have it, they assume you got it on vacation. Especially if you live somewhere with a low Covid rate. 

3. For my job and my husbands, it more to have less exposure. A cruise would put us with 4500 strangers. Likely no one from our area. 

4. My job doesn’t care where I go as long as I’m willing to take an unpaid quarantine. My husband absolutely can be fired for lying about his vacation or destination. 

5. I don’t see it as micromanaging. I appreciate what both of our companies are doing to slow the spread of the virus. To be fair, my husband has always had to submit a vacation request with an itinerary if we are traveling more than 100 miles from his base. 

Edited by Sweetnspicy
Spelling
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/24/2020 at 11:01 PM, Sweetnspicy said:

1: my husband works for the DOD and travel always has to be approved with a full itinerary. 

2. I guess you just have to have a positive test? If you come back from vacation and have it, they assume you got it on vacation. Especially if you live somewhere with a low Covid rate. 

3. For my job and my husbands, it more to have less exposure. A cruise would put us with 4500 strangers. Likely no one from our area. 

4. My job doesn’t care where I go as long as I’m willing to take an unpaid quarantine. My husband absolutely can be fired for lying about his vacation or destination. 

5. I don’t see it as micromanaging. I appreciate what both of our companies are doing to slow the spread of the virus. To be fair, my husband has always had to submit a vacation request with an itinerary if we are traveling more than 100 miles from his base. 

You and your husband are what the United States of America need more of.   Keep it up....there is hopefully light at the end of this tunnel.  It's not about the individual, it's about our entire society.  And apparently you are aware of that.  Stay safe....

• Like 2