7nts on Fantasia For £239pp

stuart2468

1 hour ago, shipgeeks said:

Here in the US, I see both Armonia and Seaside starting at under $300 for 7 nights.  I can't wait to book again!

For seaside that is amazing. I'm on a 23 night Divina repo cruise in Jan and i want to catch the seaside departing the following day. If i could get a $300 seaside cruise id be happy. But i'm assuming that's not including port taxes or gratuities? The Fantasia cruise includes both. all in for £239pp

2 hours ago, stuart2468 said:

For seaside that is amazing. I'm on a 23 night Divina repo cruise in Jan and i want to catch the seaside departing the following day. If i could get a $300 seaside cruise id be happy. But i'm assuming that's not including port taxes or gratuities? The Fantasia cruise includes both. all in for £239pp

What date in January?

All the January dates I see are $360 or $389; you are correct, that does not include port fees and taxes.  And mine automatically comes up (on my TA's website) with my best discount, which on those sailings is a teacher discount.

Those are also inside prices, but I see $465, $557, and $908 for higher categories.

Good luck; we loved Seaside!

15 hours ago, stuart2468 said:

Are we starting to see a few signs of some very low priced cruises? 

This is sailing 19/11/20.

I don't think we are seeing the start of discounting just yet - my guess is it will come when cruising restarts and MSC know what ships are sailing and what their bookings look like (potentially compared to the new capacity). 

I would say your Fantasia example is the normal price, for a shoulder season cruise with different start and end ports, where in previous years I've booked these types of sailings for GBP30 to GBP45 a night (without DSC being included though).  It's still a big bargain though, especially now DSC is included in the fare for UK customers.  I tend to look out for these types of sailings.

The current cheapest I can see is a 3 night cruise on Preziosa for GBP69 (GBP 23 per night including DSC) from Hamburg to Southampton on 30th August.  I'm very tempted to book, but will wait until I at least see Preziosa heading towards Europe.

• Like 1

I have been seeing cruises like that out of main seasons quite often. It's always been one of the things that interests me in MSC, as it seems a good way of doing an affordable cruise with them at a time when the other other big lines have no ships in Europe, ignoring lines like P&O and Costa...

I've seen similar types of length and price (sometimes higher but still pointedly low) on Splendida,  and Preziosa also. Preziosa has a £349 7 night Northern Europe in, which although more expensive that the mentioned Fantasia is still an amazing price for 7 days. And Splendid has a £349 6 night from Southampton next April which I would still consider.

I would like to see more of these type of deals on Meraviglia or Seaside class though. Although that might not be good for my bank balance. 

15 minutes ago, 8420PR said:

I don't think we are seeing the start of discounting just yet - my guess is it will come when cruising restarts and MSC know what ships are sailing and what their bookings look like (potentially compared to the new capacity). 

I would say your Fantasia example is the normal price, for a shoulder season cruise with different start and end ports, where in previous years I've booked these types of sailings for GBP30 to GBP45 a night (without DSC being included though).  It's still a big bargain though, especially now DSC is included in the fare for UK customers.  I tend to look out for these types of sailings.

The current cheapest I can see is a 3 night cruise on Preziosa for GBP69 (GBP 23 per night including DSC) from Hamburg to Southampton on 30th August.  I'm very tempted to book, but will wait until I at least see Preziosa heading towards Europe.

I'm strongly considering that Preziosa sailing, I had the exact same itinerary booked for April this year with a bunch of mates, but obviously that got cancelled. I just wonder if August 30th is still too much of a risk!?? So many question marks over things these days!

9 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

What date in January?

All the January dates I see are $360 or $389; you are correct, that does not include port fees and taxes.  And mine automatically comes up (on my TA's website) with my best discount, which on those sailings is a teacher discount.

Those are also inside prices, but I see $465, $557, and $908 for higher categories.

Good luck; we loved Seaside!

Yes i am very interested in doing seaside. 

We arrive into Miami on 29/01/21 so we have the option of the Seaside departing on the 30/01 or Meraviglia on 31/01

Seaside currently shows as £549 Port Fees & Gratuities all in

Meraviglia currently Shows as £499 Port Fees & Gratuities all in

My Partner prefers the Seaside itinerary and so we aim to go for that one. Although I've done that route before. But i chose the repo cruise so only fair he gets his choice too.

I'm hoping those prices come down as we get closer to sail date but even at those prices, they're probably better value than booking on a US site and paying the add ons.

If we don't get to do the second cruise then so be it. We'll have a tour around South Florida for a week until our return flight home on the 07/02/21. We are back in Florida end of May so we can easily add a Seaside cruise in there.

2 hours ago, 8420PR said:

Interestingly i'd seen the Preziosa cruise and was going to book that until i'd checked a little further afield and found Fantasia. Also i had more faith that a cruise in November would actually depart over the cruise in August.

I'm certainly very pleased with my Fantasia price, and hoping on a guarantee inside the upgrade fairy will pay a visit.

2 hours ago, JP82 said:

I have been seeing cruises like that out of main seasons quite often. It's always been one of the things that interests me in MSC, as it seems a good way of doing an affordable cruise with them at a time when the other other big lines have no ships in Europe, ignoring lines like P&O and Costa...

I've seen similar types of length and price (sometimes higher but still pointedly low) on Splendida,  and Preziosa also. Preziosa has a £349 7 night Northern Europe in, which although more expensive that the mentioned Fantasia is still an amazing price for 7 days. And Splendid has a £349 6 night from Southampton next April which I would still consider.

I would like to see more of these type of deals on Meraviglia or Seaside class though. Although that might not be good for my bank balance. 

Indeed my view too. But even the first of the class of these ships seem to have been holding prices. Fingers crossed that January out of Miami become the first price drops we see. Here's hoping

2 hours ago, JP82 said:

I'm strongly considering that Preziosa sailing, I had the exact same itinerary booked for April this year with a bunch of mates, but obviously that got cancelled. I just wonder if August 30th is still too much of a risk!?? So many question marks over things these days!

its what stopped me from booking the 3 night @ £69. August seems a little too close to chance. If however they begin sailing in July, and we still see those prices, or better, I will find it very difficult not to book. But as you say above. Not great on the bank balance lol

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, stuart2468 said:

its what stopped me from booking the 3 night @ £69. August seems a little too close to chance. If however they begin sailing in July, and we still see those prices, or better, I will find it very difficult not to book. But as you say above. Not great on the bank balance lol

Absolutely! I'm keeping one eye on the larger picture with any cruises restarting and one on the actual possibility of being able to get to Hamburg for the departure. But if the signals are there, I will book! I have the FCC after all from the cancelled April one.

I also have a £189 4 night Grandiosa Med in November, and am looking at adding the following 3 night £179 itinerary to Lisbon, to turn it into a 7 night. Love these little deals that MSC throw out. Just need to get on one now!

53 minutes ago, JP82 said:

I also have a £189 4 night Grandiosa Med in November, and am looking at adding the following 3 night £179 itinerary to Lisbon, to turn it into a 7 night. Love these little deals that MSC throw out. Just need to get on one now!

I had looked at the 3 night but I think it was all ports we're calling at in January so opted against it. 

I don't however remember seeing the 4 night one. That also is a great price. I wonder if I could tie it into fantasia. I shall look now. 

Dangerous times ahead 😂

1 hour ago, JP82 said:

It works perfect date wise. Into Barcelona on the Wednesday and train down to Valencia to board Fantasia on the Thursday. Sadly though at £389pp that just isn't justifiable for a 4 night cruise. Well done on the £189 price

Ahh yeah, I did notice it had gone. As we had friends who wanted to join us too, but I couldn't see it, so assumed it was gone. Didn't realise it was still there but at a higher price... Interesting!!

We have an internal for the four night, but we booked Fantastica when it had the premium drinks included. If we do go with the extra 3 night sailing, I will switch us to a balcony.

19 minutes ago, JP82 said:

Ahh yeah, I did notice it had gone. As we had friends who wanted to join us too, but I couldn't see it, so assumed it was gone. Didn't realise it was still there but at a higher price... Interesting!!

We have an internal for the four night, but we booked Fantastica when it had the premium drinks included. If we do go with the extra 3 night sailing, I will switch us to a balcony.

You paid £189 with premium drinks included? That's amazing if so

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, stuart2468 said:

You paid £189 with premium drinks included? That's amazing if so

Yep! Well just checked, and i think the upcharge to Fantastica was another £20pp. But still an amazing price for Grandiosa and the drinks package. Never done the Med in November, but if the weathers not in our favour on a ship like Grandiosa and with the Drinks package, just stay onboard and enjoy it!

43 minutes ago, JP82 said:

Yep! Well just checked, and i think the upcharge to Fantastica was another £20pp. But still an amazing price for Grandiosa and the drinks package. Never done the Med in November, but if the weathers not in our favour on a ship like Grandiosa and with the Drinks package, just stay onboard and enjoy it!

I've done November a couple of times. Still decent weather but not quite good enough to sunbathe on deck during sail. However very few used the outdoor hot tubs on my last sailing meaning I had one all to myself. Windy, but sun was out and water was warm. 

• Like 1

On 5/28/2020 at 11:51 AM, stuart2468 said:

Interestingly i'd seen the Preziosa cruise and was going to book that until i'd checked a little further afield and found Fantasia. Also i had more faith that a cruise in November would actually depart over the cruise in August.

I'm certainly very pleased with my Fantasia price, and hoping on a guarantee inside the upgrade fairy will pay a visit.

Yes, the Fantasia is a great price, and I doubt it will decrease.  Also with the 'stress free booking' conditions I see no risk in booking.  

The 3 day Preziosa cruise on 30th August is now a voyagers selection cruise.  The cost for an inside room is £44.22 (including DSC) and with €50 onboard credit per person.   Would be a very good deal if the sailing actually happens.  I'm fairly sure it is one of MSC's pricing anomaly's that pop up every now and then, and not any kind of change to their pricing strategy.  

3 hours ago, 8420PR said:

Yes, the Fantasia is a great price, and I doubt it will decrease.  Also with the 'stress free booking' conditions I see no risk in booking.  

The 3 day Preziosa cruise on 30th August is now a voyagers selection cruise.  The cost for an inside room is £44.22 (including DSC) and with €50 onboard credit per person.   Would be a very good deal if the sailing actually happens.  I'm fairly sure it is one of MSC's pricing anomaly's that pop up every now and then, and not any kind of change to their pricing strategy.  

I also notices this last night. Although i couldn't see that there was 50 Euro onboard spend with it. Which essentially means they pay me to cruise.

But, in the event the sailing is cancelled, and sadly i expect that it would be, i wouldn't get the on board spend back as FCC alongside the cruise price would i?