Horizon Deck 5 Havana Cabins

We cruised on Horizon last April and loved it.  Had a balcony cabin deck 7 I believe.  The Havana cabins piqued my interest, in particular deck 5.  Not sure why other than maybe it was super close to the bars 😂. Those of you who've stayed in Havana interior & balcony on decks 5 &/or 6, were you able to hear the music from any of the clubs?  I know they usually shut down around midnight (except for the late night dance club).  We don't go to bed with the chickens but occasionally will turn in before midnight if there's an early excursion the next day.  

I can't speak for the Havana interior cabins, but for the Havana Cabana balcony cabins, no you can't hear a peep from the Havana bar band at night. In fact, it is nice and serene 24/7. More serene than the Serenity Area. You walk out of your balcony and 10 seconds later you're at the Havana pool.  Much more civilized than the Lido pools.

If you can afford to spring for it, I would highly recommend going for it. It is worth the extra $$ and you won't ever want to go back to a regular cabin after you have been in the Havana area.

Edited by stobe1
  • Thanks 1

Now y'all have me wanting to look at changing cabins on the panorama next March lol.  Thx for your replies.   One more quick ?  For the balcony cabin, did you find the walking path by the gate to your cabin to be somewhat intrusive or feel like people were looking into your cabin as they walked past or into sitting area from the cabins next door?  I really would like to try one of them but hubs has brought that point up as well.  

You definitely will not have the privacy of a normal balcony, but I never got the impression of any peeping toms at all.  I always kept our curtains closed during the day and night if we didn't want people accidentally peering into our cabin during shower time or when we wanted privacy. But I have had Havana Cabanas twice now and have a 3rd booked on Horizon next year and despite the lack of privacy, I still prefer it. 

I was just as unsure as you are now but the quietness and exclusiveness of the Havana area makes it well worth it.  

Edited by stobe1
  • Thanks 1

We loved it.  The only ones walking by your balcony are the others staying in Havana.  So not a lot of traffic.  That said, we elected to try the Havana interior room for our September Cruise on the Panoroma since we can just walk out to the pool.

Edited by dallasdan
  • Thanks 1

We were on the Vista in Dec., cabin 5203.  The location was great.  Loved, loved, loved the Havana pool and bar area as well.  However, if we were to do Havana again, it would be on a balcony.  We really never used the outside cabana area.  People were constantly walking by, and there really was no privacy.  We had to keep the curtains closed much of the time (showering, changing clothes) due to lookie loos.  Never mind.  I will absolutely cruise in a Havana cabana again.  I just need to cruise!

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/28/2020 at 11:23 AM, dallasdan said:

We stayed in a Havana Cabana room on the Vista last year.  We did not hear the music from the Havana bar.  Loved the room and access to the Havana area.  Not crowded at all.

I'll second that.  They had doors that blocked sound very well.  I am spoiled to ever book anything but Havana now.