Cabin Prices

edruth

Do balcony cabin prices differ based on deck level,  location on the ship like forward, center, or aft.  Just trying to figure out why sometimes there is a difference between the price you find on the web and the price you are quoted by a NCL travel agent. 

5 minutes ago, edruth said:

Do balcony cabin prices differ based on deck level,  location on the ship like forward, center, or aft.  Just trying to figure out why sometimes there is a difference between the price you find on the web and the price you are quoted by a NCL travel agent. 

Yes, prices can vary by location...but that really isn't an explanation for why you say you're seeing different prices.  For the same category cabin the price for an individual booking should be identical from any legitimate source .

Some travel agencies advertise prices that exclude port taxes to make the price appear lower. What you have to do is go through the full booking process...which you can do without actually booking... to see what the bottom line price is including all taxes and fees.

What I am looking for is the basic cost for the cabin. I know about all the add ons but just want to know about the guest fare price on your booking.  Like if your getting 20% off I know it just comes off the basic cost of the cabin. So I just would like to do cabin fares vary base on location on the ship, that is the same cabin. Is a balcony fee the same through out the ship. 

19 minutes ago, edruth said:

What I am looking for is the basic cost for the cabin. I know about all the add ons but just want to know about the guest fare price on your booking.  Like if your getting 20% off I know it just comes off the basic cost of the cabin. So I just would like to do cabin fares vary base on location on the ship, that is the same cabin. Is a balcony fee the same through out the ship. 

I already told you that price can vary by location. 

I didn't say anything about add ons. Taxes and fees aren't optional...everyone pays them. To know the true cost of the cabin you have to include them.

Every cabin will have a category assigned to it.  Balcony cabins will exist in multiple categories.  The categories are designated something like BA, B1, B2, B3, BX, etc.  Each category will consist of similar cabins regarding location and features.  Aft-facing balconies will be more expensive than balconies that are on the side of the ship for example.  So they are in different categories.  Balconies that are sold with Spa access will be priced more and therefore in their own category.  Some balconies may be designed for family use (i.e. close to the childrens areas of the ship), so they will be in their own category.  And yes, various locations around the ship will be in different categories to differentiate them.  Any category may have different pricing from another category.  So, when you are trying to compare sources, make sure you are comparing the same category from both sources.   

As mentioned above, some website and agencies will advertise the same cabin price using different methods of things that are included or not.