NCL Epic Nov in the Med?

rachiem

We have booked this cruise, which is one of Epic's last of the season in the Med I believe.

The Epic is currently in Miami and I know that P&O have announced cancellations until mid Oct, so the others could follow.

What are the chances of NCL bringing the Epic over to Europe just for a few sailings?

We have the chance to change our non refundable flights free of charge at the moment to another destination next year.

Any thoughts?

22 minutes ago, rachiem said:

We have booked this cruise, which is one of Epic's last of the season in the Med I believe.

The Epic is currently in Miami and I know that P&O have announced cancellations until mid Oct, so the others could follow.

What are the chances of NCL bringing the Epic over to Europe just for a few sailings?

We have the chance to change our non refundable flights free of charge at the moment to another destination next year.

Any thoughts?

It might sail by then, but no one knows. Even if the ship is cruising by that time the itinerary could be different than the one you booked as not all ports might be accepting ships. If you can accept that uncertainty then keep your booking. If you can't then take the opportunity you have to change your flights.

54 minutes ago, rachiem said:

Any thoughts?

Hi Rachiem 

I’ve been thinking about this also- I’m booked on the same cruise but in Oct. 

I know there will be a lot of opinion about this, but I’ve been wondering the same- will they bring the Epic over for what could potentially be 3/4 months of sailings

I did get excited the other day when it moved out of port- only for it to return a couple of days later! 😢 

Steve 

As njhorseman noted, there’s an element of uncertainty about the schedule/itinerary.

If you look at the NCL site regarding their ‘proposed’ health and safety initiatives pretty much everything is undetermined, being assessed, not yet detailed, etc, etc.  I suppose this is in response to the CDC but I think it’s reflective of their overall strategy to reassure passengers.

Me, I wouldn’t risk a mediterranean cruise with all this uncertainty and would change the flights and book something for 2021.

https://www.ncl.com/ca/en/why-cruise-norwegian/book-with-confidence/health-faqs

• Like 2

Thank you for your insights..

We already have holidays booked to the Galapagos with Celebrity 2021 and NCL from Rome in Sept 2021, so we are covered for next year (fingers crossed)

I think I will cancel this one and if it's safer, nearer the time in Nov, book a land holiday in one place.

Such a shame and it makes you wonder if the industry can survive relatively intact after all this 😞

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rachiem said:

Any thoughts?

I have been wondering the same too!  It would help if NCL would let us know which ships they are going to bring back into operation first.  I see that some of their other ships are in Europe and it would but great if I could switch to one of them if the Epic doesn't sail.  I know that you can cancel up to 48 hours but if you have independent flights you need to give more notice than this to cancel and if the port of departure has changed rebook flights.

Edited by Happy2b@sea