I have an annual medical assistance policy that covers medical issues once I am in travel status. Therefore, I do not need (or pay for) a policy that includes

medical evacuation or medical assistance. Are there policies that just cover the cost of the trip pre embarkation?

32 minutes ago, Dwtlion said:

I have an annual medical assistance policy that covers medical issues once I am in travel status. Therefore, I do not need (or pay for) a policy that includes

medical evacuation or medical assistance. Are there policies that just cover the cost of the trip pre embarkation?

Hi Detlion,

No, there are no trip cancellation only policies.

If you don't want pre-exiting conditions coverage for trip cancellation, you should consider getting a credit card that includes trip cancellation coverage.

Steve Dasseos

• 3 weeks later...

My health insurance covers me overseas and I also have another policy that covers medical evacuation.  So, I only need insurance to cover cancellation of a trip should I, my husband, or a close family member becomes ill or dies just before the trip and baggage loss (although in 40 years of traveling, have never lost anything).  Do you know of any such policy? 

thank you in advance

8 minutes ago, Peggy Tuten said:

My health insurance covers me overseas and I also have another policy that covers medical evacuation.  So, I only need insurance to cover cancellation of a trip should I, my husband, or a close family member becomes ill or dies just before the trip and baggage loss (although in 40 years of traveling, have never lost anything).  Do you know of any such policy? 

thank you in advance

@Peggy Tuten

Howdy! emo22.gif 

To help you out I have merged your new thread into an existing thread regarding trip cancellation insurance.

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

3 hours ago, Peggy Tuten said:

thank you in advance

Hik Peggy Tuten,

No, there are no trip cancellation only policies.

Steve Dasseos