Reviews of French Polynesia Pearl Farms

vmarq

I am interested in any experiences going to the pearl farms.  One of the Windstar excursions promotes harvesting your own pearl by diving down to pick your oyster.  Has anyone done that and what was your experience?  Thank you.

2 hours ago, vmarq said:

I am interested in any experiences going to the pearl farms.  One of the Windstar excursions promotes harvesting your own pearl by diving down to pick your oyster.  Has anyone done that and what was your experience?  Thank you.

Went to a Tahaa pearl farm but couldn't recommend it. Price wise I've often heard it claimed the pearls in the market in Papeete are the most reasonable. You might get the answer you need about the Wind Spirit pearl diving excursion on the Windstar board if you've not done already. I've seen it mentioned there in the past. Happy cruising! 🙂

We didn't do a pearl dive but did multiple scuba dives including a shark dive. we also went to pearl farm & it was ok, not that exciting. We found the best prices for black pearls was in the Cook Islands, not the Society Islands. . 

Edited by dabear