December Cruise Out of Galveston

Bgwest

Please forgive me for covering what is, I'm certain, old ground. I've been away for a while and pretty well out of touch so I'm anticipating a lot has happened and changed.

I remember reading some months ago that Carnival is/was planning to resume Caribbean cruises out of Texas and Florida sometime this summer. Is this still planned to happen? 

Wondering in part because we have an 8 day Caribbean sailing out of Galveston in December. 

No one knows when cruises will resume. Doesnt seem good that covid cases and hospitalizations are up in texas.

Last round of cancellations has the 3 ships out of Galveston still sailing starting august 1. I'd say in the next couple of weeks we will know if they are a go or another round of cancellations...so you missed nothing lol

Edited by firefly333

9 hours ago, Bgwest said:

Please forgive me for covering what is, I'm certain, old ground. I've been away for a while and pretty well out of touch so I'm anticipating a lot has happened and changed.

I remember reading some months ago that Carnival is/was planning to resume Caribbean cruises out of Texas and Florida sometime this summer. Is this still planned to happen? 

Wondering in part because we have an 8 day Caribbean sailing out of Galveston in December. 

Galveston cruises are set to resume in August. I'm cruising out of Galveston December 12th. I feel good about Galveston. I was there last weekend. It's business as usual except for cruises. The only place I saw masks was at the Ocean Star Oil Rig museum and employees at restaurants in that general area. The strand district was loaded. No masks. No social distancing. The beach, bars, restaurants were all loaded. No masks..Not even employees in this area. No social distancing. This area was totally pre-covid. If they make it through the summer like that I see no reason why they can't be cruising.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1

I am hopeful.  I too am scheduled to sail in December.  Two (2) cruises, Back-To-Back, December 7th and 12th.  I have booked my Hotel stays pre and post cruise.  Speaking with the concierge at the hotel, everything has been "business as usual"...once the ships actually begin sailing again, we will know more how to plan and anticipate....I need something positive life now...something to dream about.

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

Galveston cruises are set to resume in August. I'm cruising out of Galveston December 12th. I feel good about Galveston. I was there last weekend. It's business as usual except for cruises. The only place I saw masks was at the Ocean Star Oil Rig museum and employees at restaurants in that general area. The strand district was loaded. No masks. No social distancing. The beach, bars, restaurants were all loaded. No masks..Not even employees in this area. No social distancing. This area was totally pre-covid. If they make it through the summer like that I see no reason why they can't be cruising.

The fact that people now have quit social distancing and face masks might be why houston is discussing a 2nd shut down. Its wworying because the news says if one city does it others might too.

Dallas setting records for number of hospitalizations also probably due to people who refuse to try and social distance any more. New records 3 days in a row for hospitalizations. 

I'm not booked until the end of august, just not wasting more Ink and getting my hopes up. If it goes I'll be on it. Just tired of hoping and then getting cancelled. When they get thru the next couple of weeks and dont do more cancellations then I'll fill out and print another boarding pass. 

7 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

The fact that people now have quit social distancing and face masks might be why houston is discussing a 2nd shut down. Its wworying because the news says if one city does it others might too.

Dallas setting records for number of hospitalizations also probably due to people who refuse to try and social distance any more. New records 3 days in a row for hospitalizations. 

I'm not booked until the end of august, just not wasting more Ink and getting my hopes up. If it goes I'll be on it. Just tired of hoping and then getting cancelled. When they get thru the next couple of weeks and dont do more cancellations then I'll fill out and print another boarding pass. 

Dallas is kind of interesting. I go to one place they have the bar closed. But they pushed all their high tables in the bar area together creating a bar by the bar but "the bar is closed." The rest of the restaurant had every other table closed. Employees wearing masks. Go to another place down the street and everything is open like pre-covid but employees have masks. 

10 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Dallas is kind of interesting. I go to one place they have the bar closed. But they pushed all their high tables in the bar area together creating a bar by the bar but "the bar is closed." The rest of the restaurant had every other table closed. Employees wearing masks. Go to another place down the street and everything is open like pre-covid but employees have masks. 

I went to aldi, not one clerk had a mask on.

Went to kroger and tight quarters where the bags of salad are so a employee was right behind me without a mask saying to another, I think masks are just for looks. 

Off subject why cant I find easy off oven cleaner. Ok kroger has none, so I checked walmart online and all 6 brands said sold out. I had about 4 things to buy and only found 1. So yep I'm feeling especially frustrated today. I'll try the dollar store next. 

10 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Off subject why cant I find easy off oven cleaner. Ok kroger has none, so I checked walmart online and all 6 brands said sold out. I had about 4 things to buy and only found 1. So yep I'm feeling especially frustrated today. I'll try the dollar store next. 

When all else fails...........

https://www.amazon.com/Easy-Off-Professional-Oven-Grill-Cleaner/dp/B000JKCY8M/ref=sr_1_1?crid=DXDUFFOLXMZV&dchild=1&keywords=ez+off+oven+cleaner&qid=1592022051&sprefix=ez+off%2Caps%2C164&sr=8-1

13 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I wonder if it might be because some people, while sheltering in place, are taking on cleaning chores that don't get done routinely. I am the opposite, really slacking off, mostly reading.