Future Cruise Credits

GICNJC

40 minutes ago, GICNJC said:

Does anyone who has received their 125% cruise credit for cancelled cruise know if it can be applied against an allready booked cruise?

Just used two Future Cruise Credits (100% and 25%) toward final payment on a booked cruise.

Note that the other "FCC," i.e., Future Cruise Certificate, must be used for a new booking.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Just used two Future Cruise Credits (100% and 25%) toward final payment on a booked cruise.

Note that the other "FCC," i.e., Future Cruise Certificate, must be used for a new booking.

I thought you were on the Nautica in November out of Athens?? The chart says the Nautica isn’t sailing until 1/5/21. Did they give you different info?

Hope it works out!

31 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

I thought you were on the Nautica in November out of Athens?? The chart says the Nautica isn’t sailing until 1/5/21. Did they give you different info?

Hope it works out!

Yes -Nautica this November, which I assume will  not go. However, one of the FCCs (25% from modified this past Feb. Nautica) had a "book/cruise by" date of 12/31/20 while the other (100% from O cancelled May 2020 Insignia) has a "book by" Feb. 2021. 

Using them both for Nautica this November effectively reduced my final pay for a month long cruise to under $2500 (on top of the $1k deposit). Not too bad a cash outlay for a >$20k cruise.

Of course, I checked with TA (and verified separately with multiple calls to Oceania) that, should O cancel this November's Nautica cruise, my original FCCs will be redeposited with new book by/cruise by dates in 2021-22 and I can get my cash back on the CC or probably be offered an additional FCC. 

We've got other future bookings to which we can apply these FCCs. And (worst case scenario) even if everything in the cruise industry goes to hell, which it won't, our having been fully reimbursed for our two earlier 2020 Covid affected cruises means that my total cash outlay (disputable w/CC issuer) has only been <$3500. Actually, if I also count the previous SBC provided/spent for the various onboard bookings involved here, I'm back to about $2k to 2.5k real money at stake.

Should our December 3 cruise be cancelled, we are also hoping that the FCC with which we paid for most of this cruise will also be rolled forward.  We ended up with 150% FCC from our Sirena April cruise which was cancelled within 10 days of sailing.  Here's hoping the December cruise will go ahead, but knowing our FCC will most likely be rolled forward, we will find another cruise to  put it toward.  I'm looking at Europe 2021, personally!

I'm happy as long as I have a cruise to look forward to!!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, GeorgesGal said:

Should our December 3 cruise be cancelled, we are also hoping that the FCC with which we paid for most of this cruise will also be rolled forward.  We ended up with 150% FCC from our Sirena April cruise which was cancelled within 10 days of sailing.  Here's hoping the December cruise will go ahead, but knowing our FCC will most likely be rolled forward, we will find another cruise to  put it toward.  I'm looking at Europe 2021, personally!

I'm happy as long as I have a cruise to look forward to!!

I have quadruple checked this with multiple TAs. O Club Ambassadors, O reservation reps/supervisors and all agree that, if O cancels your cruise your FCC(s) will be redeposited and your book by/cruise by deadlines adjusted appropriately.

We've got an upcoming November cruise on Nautica that uses two FCCs plus $$. We fully expect that it will be cancelled and that we will end up with a third FCC (for the cash) resulting in three FCCs or one consolidated one.  

Glad you did my homework for me!  This is good news.  Our final is coming up in the beginning of July with a very small balance due, so we will pay that and end up with only about $1800 out of pocket to upgrade to a PH- I paid my deposit and my sister's came out of our FCC.  So it looks like we will be receiving a second FCC for the cash amount paid.  If only they wouldn't  drag their feet on their cancellations, though..... .

5 hours ago, GeorgesGal said:

Glad you did my homework for me!  This is good news.  Our final is coming up in the beginning of July with a very small balance due, so we will pay that and end up with only about $1800 out of pocket to upgrade to a PH- I paid my deposit and my sister's came out of our FCC.  So it looks like we will be receiving a second FCC for the cash amount paid.  If only they wouldn't  drag their feet on their cancellations, though..... .

Please do not rely solely on my experience. The money you're talking about is not "chump change." It's always best to check for yourself.