World Points is back!

Called first thing this morning (my Monday morning ritual) and lo and behold there are agents who, although working from home, are authorized to make WP transactions. I was able to have my 30,000 points from a cancelled reservation returned and to do a room upgrade with a separate card. So yeh!

The system has changed a little bit I that the upgrades are done by giving you a qualifying cabin, rather than picking any available cabin as I’ve done in the past. We went through four cabin offers before I found a good one, so I am a happy camper today.

• Like 1

Yes, Howard, that is what I did with one card (I have three), the other card had enough points for an upgrade so I bought the upgrade with that one.

76 past cruises
Upcoming:
CCL Dream 8/22/2020. Western Caribbean
NCL Breakaway 1/10/2021 Western Caribbean
CCL Dream 5/16/2021 Western Caribbean
NCL Star 6/27/2021 - Scotland, Norway & Iceland

• Like 1

On 6/15/2020 at 9:27 AM, MagnoliaBlossom said:

Called first thing this morning (my Monday morning ritual) and lo and behold there are agents who, although working from home, are authorized to make WP transactions. I was able to have my 30,000 points from a cancelled reservation returned and to do a room upgrade with a separate card. So yeh!

The system has changed a little bit I that the upgrades are done by giving you a qualifying cabin, rather than picking any available cabin as I’ve done in the past. We went through four cabin offers before I found a good one, so I am a happy camper today.

They were back over a week ago. 

I did not like the qualifying cabin thing but, free inside to Balcony so who cares. Plus I got my cancelled cruise points back.

Steve

Glad to hear you had a successful exchange. I called lastMonday and was told they would be back on line on Monday the 15th. Didn’t bother checking further as I was off to camp with the grands and we don’t use electronic devices at camp unless it’s an emergency (what a peaceful week it was!)

I found that as I rejected cabins there was another cabin, which was slightly better. I did originally give him my two favorite cabins, neither of which was available, but they did come up with one a few doors down and that met our criteria.

Hope others are having success in getting points returned and other redemptions processed.

Enjoy!

76 past cruises
Upcoming:
CCL Dream 8/22/2020. Western Caribbean
NCL Breakaway 1/10/2021 Western Caribbean
CCL Dream 5/16/2021 Western Caribbean
NCL Star 6/27/2021 - Scotland, Norway & Iceland