21-22 Itineraries

galeforce9

Just received a TA e mail with a 21-22 itineraries headline. There’s no detail but I did not like the sound of this: Seabourn Quest Central America and Panama Canal series late 2021.

I had hoped for Antarctica. Just looking back at my 2017 photos there.  

Seabourn have today announced that their Autumn 2021, Winter and Spring 2022 voyages will be available from 19th June 2020.

Edited by galeforce9
  • Thanks 2

This is what I have just written on another site...

So, I have just had a quick look at the latest itineraries, appearing on the Seabourn site. I must say, that whoever puts these itineraries together has absolutely NO imagination, and just "copies and pastes" from one year to the next! I am SO glad that we did a few back to backs around the Greek Islands, to Venice, Croatia etc back in 2018, on Odyssey.....because from now on, those itineraries will only be done on the BIG ships......MOST of the Med will now be done on the Big ships, both Ovation and Encore.....Sojourn has a very short Med season. I do see Istanbul and other places in Turkey have now been reintroduced, but that's about all the difference I can see in the whole of Europe. The ships have been altered but not the Ports. I also see that QUEST will no longer be doing Antarctica!! ONLY Venture.....I'm sure that will leave a lot of people missing out on Antarctica. For me? I really am not at all impressed....cant see a thing to get excited about...No World Cruise for 2022 either.....maybe my cruising days are coming to an end.....please let me know if I have got any of the details wrong! (It was just a quick perusal)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 2seabournsailors said:

This is what I have just written on another site...

I must say, that whoever puts these itineraries together has absolutely NO imagination, and just "copies and pastes" from one year to the next! 

I couldn't agree more.  But many people on here, myself included, have probably been to most places already and while there are assuredly some people who simply cruise for the ship and don't much care where it goes, there is another group who are purely destination driven.  And of course, cruising is fairly limited to seeing places on the coast so when you run out of those places you start looking at places like Kazakhstan or Armenia or Mongolia which are tricky to get to on a ship.

It will be sad if the Quest abandons Antarctica and merely does those Central American/Caribbean places.  If it announces a trip to San Andres and Providenciales as well as a visit to Cap Haitien in Haiti (to see La Citadele and Sans Souci) then I'd be the first to climb aboard.  Also, I dream of a Pacific jaunt that runs through Tokelau, Tuvalu, Kiribati, the Marshalls and FSM . . .  

• Like 2

The 2017 Polar code reaches full effect Jan 1, 2022. Only ships purpose built since 2017 can sail to the Arctic or Antarctic after that date. Others can be rebuilt but no one has found it economic. I think this why there was a burst of expedition ship construction over the past few years including the Venture.

Bill

• Like 5

Thank you for this.

Having ruled out Venture in the Antarctic for the same period, I was looking at Sojourn's December 2021 Holiday cruise as we're considering extending past Los Angeles in January 2022.

Unfortunately the information for Sojourn hasn't been updated so we continue to wait....assume it will be a Pacific crossing. 

I'm disappointed by O class ships'  sparse Mediterranean itineraries.  The Med is convenient if we're able to take a last minute short-ish holiday in late spring or early autumn but I didn't care for Ovation enough to want to sail on it or Encore again. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Two4Sea said:

The 2017 Polar code reaches full effect Jan 1, 2022. Only ships purpose built since 2017 can sail to the Arctic or Antarctic after that date. Others can be rebuilt but no one has found it economic. I think this why there was a burst of expedition ship construction over the past few years including the Venture.

Bill

I didn't know about that either Bill.....hope you are both well...last time we saw you I was looking for bears in your back yard!! LOL