Cruise Refund

Adamjason1

We cancelled our cruise on the Marina from Barcelona May 12 , just before Oceania supposed cancelled it, and at that time, we had to choose between 50% back or a credit.   We took the credit but do not want to cruise since we are vulnerable to COVID.  Does anyone know when they cancelled that cruise or have any suggestions for us?  Thanks!

11 hours ago, Adamjason1 said:

We cancelled our cruise on the Marina from Barcelona May 12 , just before Oceania supposed cancelled it, and at that time, we had to choose between 50% back or a credit.   We took the credit but do not want to cruise since we are vulnerable to COVID.  Does anyone know when they cancelled that cruise or have any suggestions for us?  Thanks!

Hi , This cruise was cancelled on the 10th April , this below was what was sent by my T.A :

This offer or a complete Refund which I now have .

Hope this Helps !!

In light of the current restrictions on global travel and with the safety and well-being of their guests and crew their top priority, Oceania Cruises has now confirmed that they have extended the suspension of their sailings to include the departures below:
   - Oceania Marina departing 13th May 2020
   - Oceania Regatta departing 14th May 2020
As a result of these changes, they are offering you the following:
             A 125% credit of the value of the cruise element of your package (excluding fees and taxes) in the form of a future cruise credit valid until 31st March 2021.
   Fees and taxes will be refunded via the original payment method
 Any flights and hotels booked through Oceania Cruises will also be included within the Future Cruise Credit
In addition, we are pleased to offer you an additional £100* towards the cost of your new cruise holiday when you use your future cruise credit. There are some excellent deals available for late 2020 and 2021 which makes now a great time to book!

Edited by roger b
Miss Spelling

You do not say  what Country you booked in

The offer may be different for North Americans  or Australians

Always  good to include your Country in your profile

JMO

1 hour ago, Adamjason1 said:

Thanks so much! So can I assume you were booked in this cruise?  No one was given a refund?

All my fellow cruisers on C.C that I know and applied for a refund got one Look at the terms and conditions of Oceania and you will see you have a choice Refund or FCC. GO back to your agent I fear he is not telling the truth !!!

30 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

You do not say  what Country you booked in

The offer may be different for North Americans  or Australians

Always  good to include your Country in your profile

JMO

New York, sorry

2 minutes ago, Adamjason1 said:

New York, sorry

Look Through this Board and you will find several people that have received a refund from Oceania U.S I m sure you have not been given the right information .

28 minutes ago, Adamjason1 said:

I booked directly with Oceania and am from NY, do you have an Oceania link about a full refund?

You could  check  the Roll call  for that sailing

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2671973-marina-may-13-2020-wine-art-aristocrats/page/9/

I think there was a time limit on when you could request  a refund  but someone may know for sure

Did you cancel before  Oceania did?  That can change things as well

Good luck

Welcome to Cruise Critic

3 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2671973-marina-may-13-2020-wine-art-aristocrats/page/9/

I think there was a time limit on when you could request  a refund  but someone may know for sure

Good luck

Welcome to Cruise Critic

Yes you are right AdamJason might be one of the unlucky ones that cancelled in advance of the cruise being cancelled. O have been particularly hard on those people . 

32 minutes ago, ORV said:

50% seems odd. I’m betting on a cancel in the penalty phase. 

That was my thought, too.  Cancel in penalty phase you get a reduced refund, but under the Travel Assurance option, you get 100% FCC

3 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Good luck

Welcome to Cruise Critic