Refunds

We cancelled mid March for our 17 July cruise and received our refund this week.  They did communicate reasonably well but we were not especially impressed because with the AU$ falling against the US$ we lost a lot more money than we should have.  I realise that is not their problem but it still took way too long.

Our May cruise was canceled by American Queen in late March.  We chose the option to have our money retuned.  Originally we were told it would probably take up to 60 days to receive our credit.  After 60 days we were again told that it could now take up to 90 days.  After 90 days we have been told that it could be up to 120 days.

All of the major cruise lines settle within 90 days.  Why is it taking American Queen so long.

We were considering taking an American Queen trip next year (assuming of course that it will be permitted),  With are not so sure anymore, based on the attitude of the company's action.

They have had our money (in full) since September or October of last year.  We feel we have given American Queen a 0% interest free loan.  

Gee I wish this was true Travelertoo2 regarding the major cruise lines refund timeline.  We have been waiting for well over 90 days for a Princess refund.  Maybe because we are in Australia is a factor.

10 hours ago, Travelertoo2 said:

Our May cruise was canceled by American Queen in late March.  We chose the option to have our money retuned.  Originally we were told it would probably take up to 60 days to receive our credit.  After 60 days we were again told that it could now take up to 90 days.  After 90 days we have been told that it could be up to 120 days.

All of the major cruise lines settle within 90 days.  Why is it taking American Queen so long.

We were considering taking an American Queen trip next year (assuming of course that it will be permitted),  With are not so sure anymore, based on the attitude of the company's action.

They have had our money (in full) since September or October of last year.  We feel we have given American Queen a 0% interest free loan.  

Yes, we also paid in full a long time ago and felt it was very unfair of them to not refund sooner.  They were aware of our situation with the falling $ but didn't give a damn.

15 hours ago, Travelertoo2 said:

We waited over 90 days for a 40k refund from Princess.  Have received it - whew.  If you look at other lines' boards here, you will see MANY people still waiting.  Not that I excuse them, you understand...

I have found AQSC to be very cooperative in changing trips, but have not requested a refund.

Our July cruise on the American Duchess was cancelled. We were told by our travel agent that in 6 - 8 weeks we would receive a cruise credit. After receiving the credit we could request a refund. Has anyone else heard this or are you receiving a refund without waiting to first receive a future cruise credit. To me this appears to just be a delay tactic to hold on to my money longer! 

No we did not hear about receiving credit first,  We just asked for our money back which we still haven't gotten.  We still want to go on the river cruise but are thinking going with Viking.  They are more money but we are beginning to think they are more reliable since we have sailed on Viking before'

We were booked on the, now cancelled, American Duchess/Mighty Mississippi cruise which would have been happening right now. I didn't hear that we had to get the credit first to get a refund. I was told that if I took the 125% FCC (which is what we are doing), we could later request changing it to the 100% refund. We are dealing directly with AQSC. 

Got our premium refund from Allianz a couple weeks ago (we dealt directly with them too).

Be patient!

Unless a refund for  the cruise line cancelled April trip on the AMERICAN EMPRESS  has been credited on my next credit card statement, I haven't received it yet. AQSC said it would take 90 days and it was not until May when I requested a 100% refund after having a second cruise that  I was going to use the FCC was cancelled too.  As of now AQSC will have had the full payment for the first  cruise for over 6 months which I think is excessive  If I do not have it in the 90 days from when I asked for a full refund I will be calling the credit card company and asking them to help resolve the issue.

I was told today by a representative of AQSC that they have recently revised their policy and are issuing a future cruise credit to all passengers affected by the cancellations. Those passengers seeking a refund will be able to turn in the FCC for a refund later. As TinCan suggested - I guess we’ll all need some patience!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, TinCan782 said:

We just received (via email) our FCC for the Duchess "Mighty MIssissippi" which was to be happening right now. Will be booking next year.

Let me add from the email (edit not available)... The FCC is 125% of the original voyage fare. Valid on any 2020-2022 cruise although the credit expires on (must be redeemed before) December 31, 2021.

This was mentioned earlier: "Future Cruise Credit may be returned at any time for a refund of original payment amount". 

TinCan, I’m so happy to hear that your FCC has arrived - in what seems to be a very timely manner! I hope you are busy browsing the cruise brochures looking for your next adventure. Thanks for the update!

• Thanks 1