Refunds from Holland America

johnengland

Could anyone please give me an idea of what is happening with Holland America refunds. Since March we have been waiting a refund, we were first informed by Holland America that refund would be sorted in two weeks including revised travel arrangements from joining ship in Hong Kong to joining in Japan. After now over 100 emails to various contacts in Holland America from customer relations, Presidents Office both in America and the UK, numerous phone calls being given the complete company brush off and company obligatory it is being dealt with we are now approaching 120 days and still no further forward. £6000 pounds may not seem a lot to Holland America but to me it is quite a sum, all I need is someone to contact me and tell me the truth, have some customer relations and not the company run around. Customer satisfaction and customer relations with Holland America is non existent, would I deal with them again NO. I do appreciate the massive problem they have, but surely contact even a phone call with their customers awaiting refunds would make you feel that they cared about their customers.

• Host Kat changed the title to Refunds from Holland America
7 hours ago, johnengland said:

Could anyone please give me an idea of what is happening with Holland America refunds. Since March we have been waiting a refund, we were first informed by Holland America that refund would be sorted in two weeks including revised travel arrangements from joining ship in Hong Kong to joining in Japan. After now over 100 emails to various contacts in Holland America from customer relations, Presidents Office both in America and the UK, numerous phone calls being given the complete company brush off and company obligatory it is being dealt with we are now approaching 120 days and still no further forward. £6000 pounds may not seem a lot to Holland America but to me it is quite a sum, all I need is someone to contact me and tell me the truth, have some customer relations and not the company run around. Customer satisfaction and customer relations with Holland America is non existent, would I deal with them again NO. I do appreciate the massive problem they have, but surely contact even a phone call with their customers awaiting refunds would make you feel that they cared about their customers.

@johnengland

Howdy and welcome to the Cruise Critic message boards!! emo22.gif 

Thank you for your first new thread on the Special Event forum for our guest Steve Dasseos with TripInsuranceStore.com. The forum is a Q&A for questions through June 2020 about U.S. based travel insurance plans. Your new thread is off-topic on this forum so to help out I have moved your new thread to the Holland America Line forum where it will be on topic. 

Please feel free to browse through the thread titles on this forum looking for threads of interest. You will probably find your fellow Cruise Critic members have already posted questions and received answers that will be of interest to you about refunds from HAL. The majority of your fellow Cruise Critic members that have sailed HAL frequent this forum and provide feedback here. 

Cruise Critic is a great resource for new as well as experienced cruisers and we are so glad you have found us! emo34.gif  Please feel free to browse the Cruise Critic Community Categories list. Read a few threads in the different forums to get a feel for what each forum is about. Make sure you read any pinned threads on the top of the first page of threads in a forum. You will find very important instructions or information there. emo3.gif

And since it appears you are from the UK, please be sure to check out the special forums we have just for you! 

UK Cruisers

Learn more about cruising from the UK, or on UK-based ships, from cruisers just like you!

The Pub

Chit-Chatter about just about anything with other UK Cruisers!

I sincerely hope all this will be helpful and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

Edited by Host Kat
Typo due to fat fingers & skinny laptop keys!

1 minute ago, VMax1700 said:

@Host Kat 

Is there any particular reason why this is another 'new' thread about refunds?  Could it not be merged with one of the numerous threads already clogging the board?

@VMax1700

Since the OP is new to posting on the boards, I felt it was best to welcome them to the boards and then move their first new thread to the forum where it would be on topic. Merging into an existing thread would be quite confusing to a new poster so I was trying to help them as best I could under the circumstances. Also, I explained how to browse this forum for other threads regarding refunds.

Since this is someone new to the way things are done around here, I hope they will now feel a litle bit more comfortable on the boards. Remember back when YOU were a newbie learning the "dos" & "don'ts"? 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Host Kat said:

@johnengland

Thank you for your first new thread on the Special Event forum for our guest Steve Dasseos with TripInsuranceStore.com. The forum is a Q&A for questions through June 2020 about U.S. based travel insurance plans. Your new thread is off-topic on this forum so to help out I have moved your new thread to the Holland America Line forum where it will be on topic. 

Please feel free to browse through the thread titles on this forum looking for threads of interest. You will probably find your fellow Cruise Critic members have already posted questions and received answers that will be of interest to you about refunds from HAL. The majority of your fellow Cruise Critic members that have sailed HAL frequent this forum and provide feedback here. 

Cruise Critic is a great resource for new as well as experienced cruisers and we are so glad you have found us! emo34.gif  Please feel free to browse the Cruise Critic Community Categories list. Read a few threads in the different forums to get a feel for what each forum is about. Make sure you read any pinned threads on the top of the first page of threads in a forum. You will find very important instructions or information there. emo3.gif

And since it appears you are from the UK, please be sure to check out the special forums we have just for you! 

UK Cruisers

Learn more about cruising from the UK, or on UK-based ships, from cruisers just like you!

The Pub

I sincerely hope all this will be helpful and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

5 hours ago, Host Kat said:

@johnengland

UK Cruisers

The Pub

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

Host Kat,

When did this become a Special Events Forum?  The question of a refund appears to be an appropriate subject for a HAL orum.

1 minute ago, Tampa Girl said:

Host Kat,

When did this become a Special Events Forum?  The question of a refund appears to be an appropriate subject for a HAL orum.

The OP originally posted on the Q&A: Cruise Insurance w/ Steve Dasseos of the TripInsuranceStore.com June 2020 forum. It was the Special Events forum I mention. That's why the thread was moved to a more correct forum as I mention in the first paragraph.

Hope this information will be satisfactory!  emo34.gif 

1 minute ago, Host Kat said:

The OP originally posted on the Q&A: Cruise Insurance w/ Steve Dasseos of the TripInsuranceStore.com June 2020 forum. It was the Special Events forum I mention. That's why the thread was moved to a more correct forum as I mention in the first paragraph.

Hope this information will be satisfactory!  emo34.gif 

Thank you.  That was a little confusing.  

2 minutes ago, Tampa Girl said:

Thank you.  That was a little confusing.  

You are most welcome!  emo3.gif

Glad to be of service,

Host Kat emo32.gif