Bored again - Hotel for Cape Liberty

cured

We are not too far from the hotels opening for booking next summer, so being bored, am doing my research.

I need 3 rooms. I would like to keep each room at or under $350 a night.

Flying into LGA (I know, I know but points and credits to save $2,500 mandate we suffer a few hours)on a late Thursday afternoon flight (4:30 if next year's schedules are similar) before the cruise.  Won't be doing any NYC sightseeing, so easy transport into NYC is not necessary.

Will be reserving a couple of limos from one of the private services to the hotel. Not interested in trains and buses.

Our preferences:

Clean, good service, easy to get Ubers to the port, nice restaurant for dinner either in hotel or nearby, breakfast available.

We originally were booked for this summer in the Hyatt on the Hudson, Jersey City ($275 a room.)  But I also saw that there was a Hilton Doubletree on the water close by. Trip Advisor has them both rated close with the Hyatt just a bit higher (as expected.)  However, there seemed to be some recent reviews that said the Hyatt was outdated and tired.  Thinking if that is the case, the Doubletree is just as good.

What are the pros and cons of the two? Or if there are any other decent hotels that are better, please chime in. We were originally looking at these two for the views of the Hudson.  Since we won't be sightseeing, an evening glass of wine gazing at the NY skyline appeals to us after enduring the ride from LGA.

On 7/2/2020 at 10:54 AM, cured said:

We are not too far from the hotels opening for booking next summer, so being bored, am doing my research.

I need 3 rooms. I would like to keep each room at or under $350 a night.

Flying into LGA (I know, I know but points and credits to save $2,500 mandate we suffer a few hours)on a late Thursday afternoon flight (4:30 if next year's schedules are similar) before the cruise.  Won't be doing any NYC sightseeing, so easy transport into NYC is not necessary.

Will be reserving a couple of limos from one of the private services to the hotel. Not interested in trains and buses.

Our preferences:

Clean, good service, easy to get Ubers to the port, nice restaurant for dinner either in hotel or nearby, breakfast available.

We originally were booked for this summer in the Hyatt on the Hudson, Jersey City ($275 a room.)  But I also saw that there was a Hilton Doubletree on the water close by. Trip Advisor has them both rated close with the Hyatt just a bit higher (as expected.)  However, there seemed to be some recent reviews that said the Hyatt was outdated and tired.  Thinking if that is the case, the Doubletree is just as good.

What are the pros and cons of the two? Or if there are any other decent hotels that are better, please chime in. We were originally looking at these two for the views of the Hudson.  Since we won't be sightseeing, an evening glass of wine gazing at the NY skyline appeals to us after enduring the ride from LGA.

LGA airport has been revamped so you should be ok.  Hiring a limo to take your group to hotel is wise idea. If you land at 4:30pm that will be rush hour; so getting from LGA to Jersey City hotels will take some time.  Most likely you won't be getting to hotel till 6-6:30pm.  The Hyatt in Jersey City looks like the hotel.  It falls into your price range, has a view of NY skyline, and there are places to eat within walking distance. 

Thanks!  My husband has nixed the Doubletree , so the Hyatt it is when it opens.  Of course unless anyone else has some ideas.

I grew up in Bergen County and left right after high school back in the dinosaur days.  So many changes, I can't wait to see.

Edited by cured

I went back last August for my class reunion.  Flew into Newark and my buddy picked me up and we traveled to the Jersey Shore for my reunion.  I stayed at the Marriott Newark airport.  It was convienient; you can walk from hotel to terminal. 

On 7/2/2020 at 10:54 AM, cured said:

However, there seemed to be some recent reviews that said the Hyatt was outdated and tired.  Thinking if that is the case, the Doubletree is just as good.

If you're looking for something thats a bit more updated, more what you would find in Manhattan, the W Hoboken is also a good choice and still on the river with views of midtown. 

1 minute ago, princeton123211 said:

If you're looking for something thats a bit more updated, more what you would find in Manhattan, the W Hoboken is also a good choice and still on the river with views of midtown. 

Thanks, I will go take a look!  Appreciate the heads up.