Odyssey Obstructed Balcony Question

I have just spoken to Royal about the obstructed cabins on deck 6 on the Odyssey and unfortunately, the guy couldn't help. I suggested it was probably the same as the Spectrum and possibly the other Quantum class ships and he went off for a while and when he came back, he still couldn't help, lol.

There was a facility to check the obstructed percentage on the old Royal site, but I can no longer find that detail.

My question is, would it be a reasonable guess that the lifeboats will be in the same place for all Quantum class ships, or just the Spectrum?

I know we will be overlooking a lifeboat, which is fine, but we don't really want to look out on a davit. 

Someone on here has posted some really helpful images of where the davits are on Ovation and Anthem, and if it translates to Odyssey, these are the rooms that are currently available that I don't think will have davits

6164, 6166, 6168, 6170, 6176, 6178, 6180, 6182, 6288, 6290, 6292, 6294, 6300, 6302, 6304, 6306

I know no-one yet knows the answer, but best guesses anyone - which of those rooms shouldn't have davits blocking my view?

Thanks

Something I noticed when looking at the oddysey is that it had a lot more cabins categorized as obstructed whereas on the sister ships they weren't. A lot of the obstructed balconies were on deck 8 or 9 so definitely not lifeboats blocking your view. I think it has something to do with Asia or Australia thinking that if you have something obstructing your look down on the water it is obstructed whereas in the US we don't.

There are some great "obstructed" extended balconies as well as the longer "square" cabins that are a really great value on the oddysey that they charge extra for on the quantom.

Edit: after looking at the deck plans the extra obstructed view balconies on the Odyssey are actually the deck 6 ones you were talking about. I also realize the ship I was thinking of having the obstructed cabins as un-obstructed was the anthem which after April 21 will have those cabins be considered standard balconies. I was looking at Alaska sailings for 2021

Edited by lizord

I have been researching the same question. It looks to me like Odyssey will be closest to Spectrum so I searched those rooms. ALL of the obstructed rooms say 50% obstruction (I am a travel agent so I can see a little bit different info) so I dont know if its because it hasnt been delivered to RCCL yet or what, but clearly some are less than 50% and some are more. I tried to stick to the area of 6264, 6266, 6268 because it looks like those are over the restaurant outside seating and not above life boats but of course that is 100% guess.  And I also read that those rooms can be noisy being above the restaurant, just FYI.

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/dragdeck.php?ship=Odyssey-of-the-Seas&zoom=1

• Like 2

After lengthy research I came to some conclusions that would be helpful to all considering an obstructed view on a Quantum class ship

1. Probably best to avoid a cabin on top of one of the eateries. Too many people have complained about noise.

2. Avoid the smoking area next to the future cruise desks. Above this and some of the area behind that (the way the wind blows) 

3. Davits! Davits! Davits! The giant white stanchions that hold the life boats can seriously harm your view. The easiest way to assess this is to overlay deck plans for deck 5 and deck 6, and look at the ends of the lifeboats. This is where the davits are. There is also a helpful locator for the Anthem that someone on here created

4. Accept you will be overlooking a lifeboat, but its best to get a cabin which just has the centre of the boat in front of you to maximise your view. Also, look for the walkway area between the bionic bar and the gallery. Not too much foot traffic and it's on carpet

• 2 years later...

We had rooms 6290 and 6292

Both were obstructed views right above the lifeboats. You can see out, but not down. 
Great room except there is a ship mechanical sound that you can hear at night, which can be disturbing. 
I csn sleep through it, but my family members  were taking Melatonin to sleep through it 

On 7/2/2020 at 3:05 PM, compman9 said:

I have just spoken to Royal about the obstructed cabins on deck 6 on the Odyssey and unfortunately, the guy couldn't help. I suggested it was probably the same as the Spectrum and possibly the other Quantum class ships and he went off for a while and when he came back, he still couldn't help, lol.

There was a facility to check the obstructed percentage on the old Royal site, but I can no longer find that detail.

My question is, would it be a reasonable guess that the lifeboats will be in the same place for all Quantum class ships, or just the Spectrum?

I know we will be overlooking a lifeboat, which is fine, but we don't really want to look out on a davit. 

Someone on here has posted some really helpful images of where the davits are on Ovation and Anthem, and if it translates to Odyssey, these are the rooms that are currently available that I don't think will have davits

6164, 6166, 6168, 6170, 6176, 6178, 6180, 6182, 6288, 6290, 6292, 6294, 6300, 6302, 6304, 6306

I know no-one yet knows the answer, but best guesses anyone - which of those rooms shouldn't have davits blocking my view?

Thanks

Avoid 6300.

The rest look ok as far as having the cranes that lower the lifeboats.

I was in 6160 and it does have a davit to the left but other than that the view is perfect. Even better is the location, especially if you are Diamond because the lounge is right below you. I heard no noise the entire 8 night cruise. Someone posted a nice you tube video of this room if you want to check it out.