Zaandam Neptune Suite extra sink

tgetz

16 hours ago, tgetz said:

When they did the refurbishing  in 2018 did they remove the little sink in the dressing area in the Neptune  Suites  or is it still there. Thanks

They  removed  it, at least in #7012.  We were on the  Zaandam in December 2019

Too funny. I almost used the same expression. a silly "first world problem".  But for 4 months it is an issue, all be it minor. Our last world cruise on the Amsterdam in 2018 they did still have the extra sink . I am weighing the Crystal world cruise in 2022 versus the Holland. I love both itineraries, they are very similar. On the Crystal , for roughly the same price we would be in a smaller cabin so i was trying to justify doing the Holland in a larger cabin as compared to the Crystal in a smaller cabin but a much nicer ship all around. The crew on the Amsterdam world was remarkable and if they all returned, it would be another plus for Holland versus Crystal, but who knows if they will. Our 5 star status is also a plus, but we do love Crystal. Again, first world problems.. I jsut hope we will all be sailing before 2022. 

1 hour ago, tgetz said:

Too funny. I almost used the same expression. a silly "first world problem".  But for 4 months it is an issue, all be it minor. Our last world cruise on the Amsterdam in 2018 they did still have the extra sink . I am weighing the Crystal world cruise in 2022 versus the Holland. I love both itineraries, they are very similar. On the Crystal , for roughly the same price we would be in a smaller cabin so i was trying to justify doing the Holland in a larger cabin as compared to the Crystal in a smaller cabin but a much nicer ship all around. The crew on the Amsterdam world was remarkable and if they all returned, it would be another plus for Holland versus Crystal, but who knows if they will. Our 5 star status is also a plus, but we do love Crystal. Again, first world problems.. I jsut hope we will all be sailing before 2022. 

I don't think it was silly, and I agree that the extra sink in the dressing room would be a welcome addition.  However, I think it had also been removed from the Amsterdam in her 2018 rehab because it was not in our dressing room during the 2018 Grand Asia.  

BTW, how much smaller is the Crystal suite compared to Amsterdam or Zaandam's NS's?  And do the Vista or Signature ships have a sink in their dressing areas?  

I knew it had been removed after our world cruise on the Amsterdam.  We had been told they were putting in a walk in shower and that didn't happen. We did 40 something days on the Westerdam in the fall of 2019 and those SA 's don't have the extra sink, but the bath has two sinks and a generous counter top so i was OK with that, but that cruise had us saying we would never sail Holland again until they got rid of Orlando. The no cruise director among many other things, just really turned us off. Now that he is gone, I would like to try Holland again as we are 5 star and do enjoy the benefits. We are booked on the Nieuw Statendam in January and I love that bath configuration but who knows if that will sail.

We book a cruise based on itinerary, but I book a cabin based on being spoiled 🙂 Our first Holland was in a SA and we have either sailed  in those or the penthouse on Holland. We have only done one Crystal and it was a shorter cruise 10 or 12 days I think, and that was before we had begun sailing in Suites so we were happy in what they call a PH that is about 300 something feet. 

The crystal PH for the Serenity is 408 square feet including the balcony and has two different configurations. I don't know the price yet for HALs 2022 but i think they will be comparable. The size I would like will be way more expensive . BTW the HAL cruise would be 128 or so nights and Crystal's would only be 100 so the per day is way more for Crystal but both sail you back to the US.