Please explain this to me

Sorry if this has already been answered; but I am looking for a quick answer, rather than reading every post about refunds.  My Vancouver to Hawaii cruise was cancelled, and I am waiting on port fees and taxes to be refunded.  I had a couple odd amounts that were refunded to my credit card.  I called the Crown and Anchor phone number, and the lady said the odd amounts that were refunded were for travel agent commission.  Why would I be getting more back than what I paid for the cruise.  This does not make any sense to me.  I had 2 rooms booked, and she said it was for just 1 of the rooms.  I asked if I would also be getting this for the other room, and she said yes.  Why would I be getting this and not the travel agent?  Sorry; but I am confused.  Thanks in advance.

6 minutes ago, ILOVEHI50 said:

Sorry if this has already been answered; but I am looking for a quick answer, rather than reading every post about refunds.  My Vancouver to Hawaii cruise was cancelled, and I am waiting on port fees and taxes to be refunded.  I had a couple odd amounts that were refunded to my credit card.  I called the Crown and Anchor phone number, and the lady said the odd amounts that were refunded were for travel agent commission.  Why would I be getting more back than what I paid for the cruise.  This does not make any sense to me.  I had 2 rooms booked, and she said it was for just 1 of the rooms.  I asked if I would also be getting this for the other room, and she said yes.  Why would I be getting this and not the travel agent?  Sorry; but I am confused.  Thanks in advance.

It was a screw up and shouldn’t have happened.  They will still pay the agent their commission.  

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It was a screw up and shouldn’t have happened.  They will still pay the agent their commission.  

Thank you. I think I'll just leave the credit on the credit card, that way, when they get it figured out, it will be there for them to take back.

• Like 1