FCC on CruiseNext deposit

Misself

When our September cruise got cancelled, NCL automatically returned the CruiseNext deposit and my account is also showing a FCC of £50.75 (25% of the £203 certificate).

I have subsequently asked for refund of the cruise.  Do you think they will take away the FCC already applied to me account?   Should I spend it quickly before they do? 😉 

Or is this standard?

9 minutes ago, Misself said:

When our September cruise got cancelled, NCL automatically returned the CruiseNext deposit and my account is also showing a FCC of £50.75 (25% of the £203 certificate).

I have subsequently asked for refund of the cruise.  Do you think they will take away the FCC already applied to me account?   Should I spend it quickly before they do? 😉 

Or is this standard?

Of course,   you are going to loose the 25%.      FCC are defaulted to everyone's Latitudes account.     It IS going to disappear-  when your cash refund is in process.   

1 minute ago, Budget Queen said:

Of course,   you are going to loose the 25%.      FCC are defaulted to everyone's Latitudes account.     It IS going to disappear-  when your cash refund is in process.   

yes I wasn't sure.  It's only 25% of the CruiseNext certificate value showing as a FCC (,not 25% of the full cruise fare).  I even have doubts that the Travel Agent has paid our balance to NCL, which made me think maybe the £50.75 would stay on my account.    I guess I'll just have to wait and see when I get the cash refund of the balance paid.

19 minutes ago, Budget Queen said:

No your agent did NOT pay NCL-  otherwise that FCC would also be in your account.   I suggest you verify and confirm your agent’s refund process.    

I have spoken to the TA.  They have confirmed in writing that if we did rebook we have the full FCC (and has even quoted the amount which is 25% of the full fare).  But maybe they have negotiated this with NCL,  even if NCL not actually received the balance yet - they are a large player in cruise Travel agencies in the UK. 

However I did then get confused as bearing in mind the Cruisenext cert has been returned to me to use again, I was surprised the FCC the TA is quoting is based on the full fare.    So according to them I could make use of the FCC they are quoting AND use my CN certificate again.

As it is we have asked for refund and they have acknowledged this and put through the NCL website (I received an email acknowledgement from NCL too).  But of course if NCL haven't received our balance (paid to TA at the end of May), then there is nothing for NCL to return and just the TA to reimburse us the balance we paid.

God good job I'm keeping a spreadsheet of everything paid 😉

ps..I might call the TA agent tomorrow and press the point about whether our balance was actually paid across to NCL.  Like you say surely I would have had the full FCC applied to my account if it had.  I did ask them this initially and they just said something about the way NCL is handling it, that they would refund (return) the certificate first and then deal with the balance later.   I'm not 100% convinced.

Edited by Misself

2 hours ago, Misself said:

Or is this standard?

May I just ask when you state “my account” what are you referring to ??  Your credit card account ??  Your booking reservation confirmation ?? Your NCL account — whatever & wherever that is ??  Thank You ....

2 hours ago, BettyNL said:

May I just ask when you state “my account” what are you referring to ??  Your credit card account ??  Your booking reservation confirmation ?? Your NCL account — whatever & wherever that is ??  Thank You ....

Your NCL  Latitudes account

17 minutes ago, Budget Queen said:

Your NCL  Latitudes account

Thanks  — but where is that ??  I see cruise credits & history but have never seen anything pertaining to $$$ 😟😟

7 hours ago, Budget Queen said:

I don't think FCCs are loose or tight.  But if she "spends" it she will have to repay it.

• Like 1

Yes, my latitudes accounts is showing

2 x Cruise Next Deposits (one of which was returned when the cruise was cancelled) of £203 each

plus it shows this 25% FCC = £50.75

image.png.473e81e0aaf4038aaacd4103146a0d9f.png

But no FCC for the total cruise fare

6 hours ago, Misself said:

Yes, my latitudes accounts is showing

2 x Cruise Next Deposits (one of which was returned when the cruise was cancelled) of £203 each

plus it shows this 25% FCC = £50.75

image.png.473e81e0aaf4038aaacd4103146a0d9f.png

But no FCC for the total cruise fare

I guess your booking only has the deposit settled. Balance is not yet paid.

For this uncommon case (because in most of the cases, the cruises are cancelled AFTER the guests settle balance payment), we have experienced almost the same as you.

May I know if you have requested for a refund? Did you fill in that online refund form? I can probably explain how it is calculated.

The agent has the money and not NCL.     So,  the agent will have it's own refunding or crediting.      IF 2 Cruise Next were used?   not sure what happened to the second one?    Unless-  it is expired?     Several details are missing.      UK-  terms for final payment are later than in the US,   but agents give their own collection dates in advance of NCL.    This has come up multiple times on this board-  with people not getting (and not going to get)  the 25% bonus on FCC.      It's not going to happen,  IF NCL wasn't forwarded the money.

So,  dealing with different terms.    

I only used one CruiseNext on this cruise, which as we know has been returned to my Latitudes account (with a 25% FCC)

You are correct in that we pay the TA quite far in advance of the cruise lines final payment date.  

Strange that the TA has gone through the 'process' of requesting refund from NCL (using the form) if they hadn't paid my balance over .  I have had an email acknowledgement from NCL but I expect this is just an automatic thing. (I have also filled the online form and got the same acknowledgement).

Either the person I spoke to at the TA has no idea the balance is still with them, or they are just going through the pretence of having forwarded my balance to NCL (so they can keep hold of my money longer by claiming NCL are taking their time refunding!).      Not really sure how I can get clarification of WHO has hold of my money now.    Not sure if there is any point me trying to ask NCL...   I guess I could call the TA's bluff and tell them I know they haven't paid my balance to NCL and see if they admit it!   Or maybe, just maybe they have paid it over and NCL just haven't got round to putting the full FCC on my account.

On 7/22/2020 at 10:57 PM, Misself said:

Or is this standard?

I’m based I’m UK. I had this concern too. 

The CNV + 25% was in my latitudes account very quickly. I asked for FCC and this was taking a while to appear. I thought our TA hadn’t paid NCL. 

However NCL are apparently dealing with FCCs manually and it’s taking time. 

My FCCs are now showing along with the correct number of CNVs however the 25% bonus one the CNV has gone. 

1 hour ago, ged1967 said:

The CNV + 25% was in my latitudes account very quickly. I asked for FCC and this was taking a while to appear. I thought our TA hadn’t paid NCL. 

My FCCs are now showing along with the correct number of CNVs however the 25% bonus one the CNV has gone. 

It’s not on a second page?   

2 hours ago, Budget Queen said:

It’s not on a second page?   

No. It was for 25% of £414 =£103.50 Just my two returned CNV, a credit my share of the cost of the cruise, another credit for 25% of my share of the cruise are showing on my latitudes account. 

On 7/27/2020 at 6:37 PM, ged1967 said:

ahh maybe that's what is happening.    As it is we have applied for refund, and NCL did say the CNV 25% bonus would disappear.  Thanks anyway.