Fantasy Class OV rooms at back of ship

beloum

I may be overly optimistic, but looking at a cruise next year on Paradise from Tampa.  There are some avail OV cabins at the very rear of the ship with window facing behind the ship.   Just wondering in anyone has stayed in these rooms and impressions/opinions.  Just thought it may be something different.   Thanks

Stayed in one on the Sensation. The only drawbacks  was the long walk down the corridor from the elevator. 😀 And engine rumble and vibration one day. We had sailed to NOLA as a stop and the ship had to spin around in the river to face downstream when leaving. Of course that vibrated the entire ship! It was actually a unique view at times and the window ledge was wide enough to sit in.  

I've had these "Rump-er Rooms" several times on the Fascination and the Elation. Really enjoyed them. No foot traffic and not to far from the back elevators. If you're lucky enough to sail on a full moon, the view is awesome!

Among my favorite cabins on Holiday class and among the cheapest, although I think they changed the cabin classification on Fantasy class. Great view of the wake and once I even saw a crew member fishing off the back )in port).

did one many years ago.  yes the long walk but no foot traffic outside your room and unique view.  I felt a little "fishtailing" movement but not enough to bother me.  if your sensitive to movement may not be the cabin for you.

I love these cabins! I find a little rumbling very relaxing, kind of like white noise. I agree--no foot traffic to speak of, so no rowdy folks waking you up after the disco lets out! 😉 I also like the very last cabin (not facing aft). The door is around a little corner, so it doesn't open directly into the companionway. That makes it extra quiet!

We had an aft cabin on the main deck aboard the Imagination. The view of the wake is awesome, and it’s a location with little traffic, but I agree that the rumbling, sideways motion can be a bit unsettling for some people. But it turned out to be a great location to ride the choppy seas that we encountered during that sailing.

We had friends in a forward location on that same sailing and they were seasick a few days (seas were choppy enough to cancel shows at the main theatre), but we never felt any “seasickness inducing” motion. Plenty of rumbling, but no up/down motion that would make us sick.  

We had one on the Fascination 2 years ago.  The only thing I didn't like was that the windows are recessed from the exterior wall of the ship so the field of view was less than you'd get in a typical ocean view.  It's not as bad as a porthole though.

We prefer these cabins because they are slightly bigger (longer) than other OV cabins and there is a deep shelf under the window where you can store the luggage. We also like being close to the serenity hot tubs and the deli/pizza/buffet for quick snacks. We also enjoy the view of the wake. There is some motion which does not bother us.