Cunard FCC not applied to booking - balance showing as outstanding

bodsfanclub

Some advice please!

We booked with a cruise travel agent (UK based and reputable - v well known) a 22 day Transatlantic North America cruise with Cunard in December 2018. - Yep, that long ago. It was due to depart in June 2020. We paid our deposit and then the balance in Jan 2020 - so a total of £7238. The cruise was cancelled and we moved our booking to June 2021 and our FCC covered the price of the new booking (£7800) and left us some over. That FCC was applied to the new booking and left us, we presumed, with nothing further to pay.

Ive just checked the travel agencies site, and Cunard's and both say we owe £7,800, falling due in February 2021. 

Im having slight kittens. I've already paid this amount firstly in full for the original booking and then as a FCC to be applied to the new booking. Why hasn't the FCC been applied to the booking? Is it because it isn't put on there until the balance due date? Or is there some monumental issue here and Im going to lose all that money somewhere in the ether? I've got nothing in writing from the travel agency to say the FCC has been applied - I was just assured it would be when the first booking was transferred to the second one. 

Ive emailed the agency. 14 day turn around. Ive held on the phone for an hour - no response.

Anyone else come across this situation? 

Just discovered an email from the travel agency saying that the FCC will be applied by Cunard to the new booking within three weeks.  That was four months ago ....

I am becoming more worried now ....

3 hours ago, bodsfanclub said:

and Cunard's and both say we owe £7,800, falling due in February 2021. 

Whereabouts on Cunard's website does it say how much you owe? Maybe it's me but I haven't seen anywhere on Cunard's website that does that.

I have the same situation, lots of my cash and FCC floating around in the ether plus two open invoices. My travel agent tells me she will apply the voucher to the payment due when the time comes. I can't see anything about money or payment on my Cunard profile, presumably because I booked through a TA?

My frustration is the TA is very lax about responding to any form of communication and has yet to tell me the amount of the voucher. I've asked for this about six times in writing since May. So I have little trust in my TA and Cunard won't talk to me directly. I won't use a TA next time...

13 hours ago, bodsfanclub said:

Just discovered an email from the travel agency saying that the FCC will be applied by Cunard to the new booking within three weeks.  That was four months ago ....

I am becoming more worried now ....

Send that email on to both Cunard and your TA as proof it has been paid and was supposed to be allocated to your replacement cruise. You have the proof, now you just need to press them to complete the transaction.

If you are in the UK, hopefully you booked on a credit card so you could consider a section 75 claim or some form of chargeback in the absolute worst case scenario. 

Can your T/A or Cunard be contacted on Twitter? Cunard responded to me very quickly on Twitter recently.