Future cruise deposit refund from pause cancelled cruise

Bizziecruzer

I had 4 cruises booked, got my $400. to my credit card from Princess but recently decided to book for Oct. 2021.  I was able to book with a $100 deposit and would not book if it was the higher amount I see on their website sometimes. 

I'm glad I didn't pay the final for my 26 day Aug. cruise, cancelled on my own.  I can't imagine going through was people have to get their money.

On 7/30/2020 at 5:07 PM, Bizziecruzer said:

Hi. We had our Cruise cancelled by princess. We had used a future cruise deposit to book the cruise. That's all we paid. We opted for princess to retain our deposit and we would then get an additional $100 credit to use in the future. Our future cruise deposit was refunded as a future cruise credit, so in effect if we book a cruise we are not able to take advantage of the OBC that comes with the future cruise deposit. Has this happened to others? Thanks in advance for your responses.

The same thing happened to me but, by my choice, understanding it would no longer generate any OBC.  If I hadn't already had an open FCD in my account, I probably would have gone a different route.   

11 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Just for future reference when our next cruise booked with FCDs gets cancelled, do we request a refund in order to get them returned to our account? With the last 2, we didn't do anything as we were under the false assumption we would get the FCDs back as well as get $100 pp back in FCCs.

You will need to check details if/when the cruise is cancelled. With last cancellation you needed to apply to reinstate FCD. I would assume they will continue that way.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Just for future reference when our next cruise booked with FCDs gets cancelled, do we request a refund in order to get them returned to our account? With the last 2, we didn't do anything as we were under the false assumption we would get the FCDs back as well as get $100 pp back in FCCs.

Recently you had to fill out a form to request FCD reinstatement, default was FCC bonus amount. I would expect they will continue with that option.

Sorry - double post, my first response did not show initially.

Edited by Tedferg
  • Like 1

I just cancelled our EZair and sent email to our TA to cancel our 33 day Southern Australia/New Zealand/Queensland B2B2B. I was very specific about asking them to get our FCD restored to our accounts. I don't want to have it doubled as FCC. Hopefully all will go smoothly. I really freaking hate to cancel these cruises but I'd have to be an idiot to think those countries would allow us to visit.