Diamond Princess moving from Japan and Asia to a new destination from October 2021

dides

On 8/19/2020 at 12:14 PM, generichandle said:

I do wonder if they will 'refit' the ship when the switch is made; since they had tried to 'Asianize' [LOL] the ship when it was decided to make it completely Asia bound. 

If they no longer have the four small MDR's I will be sorry to lose those. But if COVID is in the rear view mirror for us by then, I AM going! I have been 'in' since 2-28 and this is a lifeline for me. 

Fairly good chance menus will be modified for North and South American passengers. Our experience on the S.A. itinerary is that many more passengers dine late. Don't expect any new construction modifications to the DR's. The 5 DR's will remain 5 DR's and I believe all will have the same menu. I would not expect to see any other major modifications to the ship, although it would be nice if an International Cafe was added.

There is no Crown Grill on the Diamond. They have the similar Sterling Steakhouse in the Horizon Ct. area. I think the Sushi restaurant will remain. It would also be nice if the Trident Grill was changed to the Salty Dog Grill. Seems like a fairly simple change by changing the menu selections.