New promo has Air included. Price has stayed the same. What can I do?

jonthomas

1 hour ago, jonthomas said:

Called Viking. Even though price is the same, it is for new bookings only. They have no price guarantee, if it goes down

you are out of luck. Has that been your experience?

This has always been Viking's policy in our experience.

On nearly half of our bookings, this has occurred (a better rpomo or price).  In all cases, the savings was WAY more than the penalty to cancel and rebook ($100 pp).  So we always did just that - cancelled and then rebooked.  Often even got our old room back although Viking says it takes a day to go back into inventory.

In fact, I always keep looking at our current bookings just to see if there are better deals in case we want to cancel/rebook.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CCWineLover said:

This has always been Viking's policy in our experience.

On nearly half of our bookings, this has occurred (a better rpomo or price).  In all cases, the savings was WAY more than the penalty to cancel and rebook ($100 pp).  So we always did just that - cancelled and then rebooked.  Often even got our old room back although Viking says it takes a day to go back into inventory.

In fact, I always keep looking at our current bookings just to see if there are better deals in case we want to cancel/rebook.

This is exactly what I thought you should do.  Any promos for the first cruise will be gone.  I thought you probably wouldn't get the same room but I see that is not always the case.  Whatever the particulars, if you save more than $200 on  the rebooking then do it and you are ahead of the game.

Given the tsunami of cancel / re-book issues, it would seem that Viking should have a protocol for how to deal with these carry over issues.  Adopt and apply a consistent rule.

It's hard enough to acquire new customers, so antagonizing current customers sounds like a genuinely bad idea.