Where was I?

5 minutes ago, vada_9 said:

Winner, Winner, Chicken dinner. The ski lift is at Whakapapa, The snow is over the other side.

I mostly skied at Turoa skifield and I was fairly certain the skifield photo wasn't there. 

2 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

I recall some photos from the "virtual cruise" and I knew that Julie would be all over the ski hill photo

I thought you might recognise Mt Doom from LOTR fame. Also parts of Mt Ruapehu were used in the movie.

4 minutes ago, vada_9 said:

I thought you might recognise Mt Doom from LOTR fame. Also parts of Mt Ruapehu were used in the movie.

It was the crater lake that gave me the clue but Ngaurahoe is unmistakable, of course. It made the perfect Mt Doom.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

25 minutes ago, vada_9 said:

Chau Doc River?

Bingo! And the other river is the Bassac River. All part of the Mekong Delta, of course. I visited a fish farm which was actually on a boat. Underneath the boat was a huge cage to keep the fish in but the river flowed through it. There were hatches in the bottom of the boat to catch the fish. Very clever. However I don't think I'd want to eat any of that fish. I don't think the river was very clean.

3 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Bingo! And the other river is the Bassac River. All part of the Mekong Delta, of course. I visited a fish farm which was actually on a boat. Underneath the boat was a huge cage to keep the fish in but the river flowed through it. There were hatches in the bottom of the boat to catch the fish. Very clever. However I don't think I'd want to eat any of that fish. I don't think the river was very clean.

A lot of the bassa fish sold here comes from these rivers. When I learned that, if we buy fish and chips, we buy other fish - not bassa.🙂

4 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

A lot of the bassa fish sold here comes from these rivers. When I learned that, if we buy fish and chips, we buy other fish - not bassa.🙂

Ditto.

Also if you like barramundi check where it comes from. It's not always Australian.