Where was I?

8 hours ago, Mareblu said:

It certainly is.  Well done!  Your turn.

My apologies. I forgot I had answered this one.

I recognised this from when we visited the wall on our first tour of UK in 1997. I remember thinking "Is this all of it?". I learned that most of the wall was used, over the centuries, as a ready-made stone block quarry.

Will go find another pic.

34 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

My apologies. I forgot I had answered this one.

I recognised this from when we visited the wall on our first tour of UK in 1997. I remember thinking "Is this all of it?". I learned that most of the wall was used, over the centuries, as a ready-made stone block quarry.

Will go find another pic.

Yes, true, but there’s still a lot intact.  Fortunately, people are more aware these days of preserving the treasures we’ve inherited.  My ancestry is mostly Scottish, so when we visited and explored the wall, I had great delight in telling Mario, “this is where we prevailed”.  He replied , “so what’s new”?😂

5 minutes ago, Mareblu said:

Yes, true, but there’s still a lot intact.  Fortunately, people are more aware these days of preserving the treasures we’ve inherited.  My ancestry is mostly Scottish, so when we visited and explored the wall, I had great delight in telling Mario, “this is where we prevailed”.  He replied , “so what’s new”?😂

I also have Scottish heritage and my wife had Welsh. I have a little plot of Scottish land at Glencoe.

36 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

I also have Scottish heritage and my wife had Welsh. I have a little plot of Scottish land at Glencoe.

That's incredible...my ancestry is all around Glencoe:  Loch Tulla, Glenorchy, Dalmally, Glen Etive (Skyfall).    I have traced my Scottish ancestry to the 1400s, as there is a direct Clan Chief line, and they were documented.  It's such a hauntingly beautiful part of the world.  We're returning in just a few months, May in fact.

2 hours ago, Mareblu said:

That's incredible...my ancestry is all around Glencoe:  Loch Tulla, Glenorchy, Dalmally, Glen Etive (Skyfall).    I have traced my Scottish ancestry to the 1400s, as there is a direct Clan Chief line, and they were documented.  It's such a hauntingly beautiful part of the world.  We're returning in just a few months, May in fact.

My plot (or Estate for which I have a Title and can call myself Lord or Laird) is, more correctly, at Glencoe Wood which is a short distance away from Glenco proper.

You can buy a little piece of Scotland in Glencoe Wood (www.highlandtitles.com).

My grandfather was from Seatown of Cowie on the east coast. I have traced family back to late only late 1600s. I'm from a long line of whitefishers.

10 hours ago, lyndarra said:

My plot (or Estate for which I have a Title and can call myself Lord or Laird) is, more correctly, at Glencoe Wood which is a short distance away from Glenco proper.

You can buy a little piece of Scotland in Glencoe Wood (www.highlandtitles.com).

My grandfather was from Seatown of Cowie on the east coast. I have traced family back to late only late 1600s. I'm from a long line of whitefishers.

My cousin bought me a square metre of the Fletcher Clan's Castle Dunans estate, on the Cowal Peninsula in Argyll and Bute.  The certificate attests that I'm "Lady Linda of Dunans".  Hysterical nonsense, of course, but a bit of fun, and a good revenue-raiser for all the estates, which these days do need to be run as a commercial enterprise to make ends meet.  The original Fletcher castle, now in ruins, is by Loch Tulla, near Glencoe.  Driving through the sheer beauty and majesty of the Pass of Glencoe always takes my breath away.

Anyway, we've drifted totally off topic, sorry to all the "Where Was I?" folk😂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lyndarra said:

Correct. Part of the Octagon.You spotted the hint on the wall?

Your turn.

Do I get an honorarary mention for spotting the country by the " we love NZ" sticker on the bin? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kristelle said:

Do I get an honorarary mention for spotting the country by the " we love NZ" sticker on the bin? 

One Honorable Mention Award trophy for you.🏆

I didn't see that one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Mareblu said:

Okay, so it’s the Ord River Dam, Kununurra.  Good tip from Mic.

Yes it is the Ord River and yes it is at Kununurra, but it isn't the Old River Dam, that holds back Lake Argyle.

Just now, qbay46 said:

Yes it is the Ord River and yes it is at Kununurra, but it isn't the Old River Dam, that holds back Lake Argyle.

Okay.  I defer to other posters who will have much sounder knowledge.  I was cheating by using Google anyway😂

20 minutes ago, Mareblu said:

Okay.  I defer to other posters who will have much sounder knowledge.  I was cheating by using Google anyway😂

You are not cheating, we all use Google at times to work things out, you where close.

• Thanks 1