FCC and cancelled cruise

Stombat

2 hours ago, dswallow said:

I can now confirm that Royal Caribbean has applied two FCCs to my 12/7/2020 reservation. Both in my name, as a single passenger booked in a double occupancy room. I first got an automated denial on the second FCC submitting it online, but I emailed back the Crown and Anchor desk and they applied the second FCC and confirmed it in an email I finally received today.

Of course nothing goes unpunished. 🙂 Final payment came in the middle of this and I simply paid the total due. Now they owe me a refund for the amount of the second FCC that is now applied, or will apply it to my 1/4/2021 reservation, either way, so it's not totally resolved yet. But I thought it worth mentioning that they do indeed allow stacking of FCCs for an individual... I would suspect the total amount still has to not exceed the amount attributed to the cruise fare for the named individual.

What you received was a one off that applied to you.  After your post saying that it was now policy that FCC’s can be stacked I tried to apply a FCC to a reservation that I forgot that I had already applied a FCC to.  This was the response.

Count yourself as lucky that they allowed you to stack 2 FCC’s.  FWIW I have also been able to stack FCC’s but it was a unique situation where a FCC had been applied to a cruise and when that cruise was cancelled instead of just reissuing one FCC Royal  reinstated the old FCC and also issued a new one. 

E935754D-FDF2-4170-9897-A5B6BE051E81.jpeg

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

What you received was a one off that applied to you.  After your post saying that it was now policy that FCC’s can be stacked I tried to apply a FCC to a reservation that I forgot that I had already applied a FCC to.  This was the response.

Count yourself as lucky that they allowed you to stack 2 FCC’s.  FWIW I have also been able to stack FCC’s but it was a unique situation where a FCC had been applied to a cruise and when that cruise was cancelled instead of just reissuing one FCC Royal  reinstated the old FCC and also issued a new one. 

E935754D-FDF2-4170-9897-A5B6BE051E81.jpeg

That's exactly what I first received after I'd submitted both FCCs online to be applied to the one reservation and I emailed back to the Crown and Anchor desk about it not working and they applied the second FCC.

Let me requote the original statement I received in the email; I did not ask to have 2 or more FCCs applied in that email; I was inquiring about a mistake they had made in combining cruise planner purchases with the deposit amounts for 2 sailings that I had canceled and issuing an FCC on that amount instead of refunding the cruise planner purchases and issuing an FCC for the deposit amounts only. I expressed that the amount was relatively small though I had so many FCCs accumulating I was concerned that I wouldn't be able to go on that many different sailings before they may expire, hence preferred those 2 FCCs to be just the deposit amount as they should have been in case I was going to be at the point of losing them when they expire if I was unable to use them:

This is verbatim; the bold/underline is my addition:

Regarding your Future Cruise Certificates, each one we have issued to you is in our records under the original booking number it was issued under. We are allowing people to “stack” their certificates for their sailings that were cancelled. You do not have to use them on separate sailings. I know it can be confusing when there are many issued like in your case, but we have record of all of them and you can stack them together.

7 hours ago, zellmo said:

I cancelled my Med. cruise for Sept. 27th. 2020, RCCL gave me a FCC for my non-refundable deposit. This was when the cruise was still sailing. Now that the cruise is cancelled, can I get my FCC deposit refunded to me? Thanks

If you cancelled then you cannot get your FCC converted to cash. It doesn’t matter what happened to the cruise after you cancelled.

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

On 9/16/2020 at 6:28 AM, zellmo said:

I cancelled my Med. cruise for Sept. 27th. 2020, RCCL gave me a FCC for my non-refundable deposit. This was when the cruise was still sailing. Now that the cruise is cancelled, can I get my FCC deposit refunded to me? Thanks

You are playing a game of chicken with RCCL, if you could not wait then FCC only. The only way to get a refund is to wait for RCCL to cancel or have a refundable deposit to cancel before final payment.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2020 at 3:36 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

The only way to not get an FCC is to go ahead and make final payment and then hope Royal cancels the cruise so that you can get a refund. 

If Royal cancels a cruise which has been paid in full with part of the payment having been in FCC, does a 100% refund come back as cash or as partial cash and partial FCC?  Thanks!

9 minutes ago, MindyJohn said:

If Royal cancels a cruise which has been paid in full with part of the payment having been in FCC, does a 100% refund come back as cash or as partial cash and partial FCC?  Thanks!

It depends

If the initial FCC was from a cancellation by the cruise line then you should be able to get the entire amount either as one FCC (initial FCC+ 125% FCC on new money) or as a cash refund.

If the FCC was from a customer initiated cancellation then that will come back as a FCC and you can take the rest in cash or you can get 125% FCC on new money and it will be combined with the existing FCC so that there is only one FCC issued

Edited by Ourusualbeach