Where in the world ?

Host Hattie

Here's another port photo which pretty clearly was not taken on a Cunard cruise. This is a frequently-visited Cunard port that I'm a bit surprised hasn't been shown on this thread before. There's not a lot to go on here when it comes to views of the port itself but I'm confident it will be identified without much difficulty.

image.thumb.png.2affb42b3bbf572b11053b01333f06b1.png

25 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

Here's a photo of another Cunard port new to this thread (as seen during a non-Cunard cruise). This one should be pretty easy.

image.thumb.png.62501cd9980296185dc1e36f67e9364a.png

Based on the Lithuanian URL on the ferry (at least that's what it looked like to me) and a search of Cunard's Web site for ports visited in that country, my guess is Klaipeda, Lithuania

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ExArkie said:

Based on the Lithuanian URL on the ferry (at least that's what it looked like to me) and a search of Cunard's Web site for ports visited in that country, my guess is Klaipeda, Lithuania

That's correct. But for the reduced photo resolution, it also would have been possible to make out "Nida" and "Klaipeda" on the side of the ferry.

9 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

That's correct. I have to say I was a bit confused when I checked the details of the flag in the photo and found it wasn't the flag of Jordan. But then this wikipedia article about the Aqaba flagpole set me straight.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aqaba_Flagpole

That is really interesting! I only found this flag to be the flag of Hedscha, a region which it today part of Saudi-Arabia.