Edge Laminae

Treacher1

13 hours ago, Oville said:

We’ve sailed on the Edge  3 times in a suite.  Luminae is a very different experience than other Celebrity ships.  It’s crowded and loud.  My suggestion is book a few nights in specialty restaurants.

Orville, have you cruised in a suite on the Reflection?  Was it more crowded and noisier  than the Reflection Luminae?

My first Edge class experience is not until an October 2021 TA on the Apex.  I hope to try the MDR as well, just for the experience.  The one thing that concerns me is the inability to order from the MDR on the Edge class Luminae.  But I read that I can get my Escargot.  I may need to do some special ordering.  I am sure the alternative dining venues will keep me occupied. I have to try each one at least once.  

Thanks

Edited by jagoffee

17 hours ago, garyl62 said:

but if Luminae is crowded and loud it might be time to save some $ and experience all the other dining options. 

We were on Edge this past February and we did not find Luminae to be crowded or loud.  Yes, it was busy but not to the point where you could not get about.   

We are 'early eaters' and normally tell the Maitre'D that we would prefer to eat at a specific time each night.  They have always been accommodating and we found that we were seated at one of three tables, all in the same location with the same wait staff each night. 

One point - even though you are in a suite, you do have the option to eat in the main dining rooms and they are happy to accommodate you.  i recommend if you like to eat at a certain time,  and you are in a suite, ask your Butler to see if they can make reservations for you in the main dining room of your choice the day before.  To my knowledge all of the regular restaurants, include Blu, will accommodate you provided they have a table available. 

20 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Orville, have you cruised in a suite on the Reflection?  Was it more crowded and noisier  than the Reflection Luminae?

My first Edge class experience is not until an October 2021 TA on the Apex.  I hope to try the MDR as well, just for the experience.  The one thing that concerns me is the inability to order from the MDR on the Edge class Luminae.  But I read that I can get my Escargot.  I may need to do some special ordering.  I am sure the alternative dining venues will keep me occupied. I have to try each one at least once.  

Thanks

We cruised on the Edge in March 2019 in a sky suite. Loved our mid ship suite. In March Luminae had just added the every night items ie Escargot, Caesar salad, French onion soup, crème brûlée etc. The Edge has more suites so Luminae is one large room, so it has a European Cafe feel. Luminae on the Edge has lost that intimate feeling that you have on the other Celebrity ships. You cant order off the MDR menus in Luminae on the Edge and maybe all Edge class ships. The MDR kitchen on the Edge is just to far away from Luminae, so I understand. We have Millie booked for June. Hoping we like the new changes and updates.

We have cruised on Reflection in suites once. We never had a problem in Luminae with noise or having to wait to be seated. We do dine early and try to show up about the same time each night.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1